Assembling the Consortium Puzzle
- UVIMCO Eyes Private Equity, Real Estate. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;9/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
This article reports that the University of Virginia Investment Management Company has been finding some compelling private market opportunities in buyout, venture, real estate and resource development funds. According to an endowment report given at the fund's meeting, looking out five years,...
- First-Half M&A: Auctions and Private Equity. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the performance of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market during the first half of 2006. Rate of increase in the U.S. M&A market share; Value of the total M&A transactions announced in the U.S.; Outlook of private equity firms on the market.
- LBO Deals Continue: To Drive Middle Market. Hahn, Avital Loria // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/7/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the increase of private equity share of middle-market Mergers&Acquisitions to at least 21 percent. It explains that the easy financing that has been driving such as the $32 billion buyout of HCA has made a dramatic impact on the middle market and on the overall market....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/5/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p16
Presents charts on private equity fund raising by state/regions in the U.S. as of March 29, 2004. U.S. fund raising; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Top advisers global LBOs.
- Cash Fuels M&A Surge. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/26/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the volume of merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the U.S. in 2006. Several M&A practitioners expect that deal volumes would break records and deal activity to surpass $ 3 trillion globally. The increase in M&A volumes is attributed to the superabundance of cash in the...
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/9/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p20
Presents charts and graph depicting the investments in private equity in the U.S. as of May 2, 2005. Private equity fund raising by state or region; Fund raising by fund size; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts.
- Private equity sees hues of 2007 and sells. Cotterill, Joseph // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/1/2015, p22
The article discusses the performance of corporate mergers and acquisitions of companies in London, England as financial services industries have increased its sale for its leveraged buyouts.
- The Great Compromise. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p42
The article reports that financial sponsors have begun offering shareholders stub equity, which allows public investors to retain an interest in the company being sold. Although several European buyouts have offered shareholders the opportunity to co-invest in private deals, stub equity has...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p16
Presents charts and graph and depicting private equity fund raising in the U.S. as of April 25, 2005. Venture capital funds; Buyout/Mezzanine funds; Top advisers on target leveraged buyouts.