At A Glimpse
- Nybot says yes to ICE. McMahon, Chris // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2007, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the approval of some 977 members of the New York Board of Trade (Nybot) to the proposed 93 percent acquisition of the firm by the Intercontinental Exchange Inc. in the U.S. It was stated that about 600 Nybot permit holders filed a case against the firm to prevent the...
- There goes the neighborhood. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p13
The article reports on the merger of New York Board of Trade (Nybot) and Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (ICE) in New York. The two largest energy exchanges will be competing from the same building as ICE entered into an agreement to acquire Nybot for $1 billion. ICE will acquire 100 percent...
- Arthritis Foudation to honor Grasso. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/95, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Richard Grasso, chairman of the New York Stock Exchange has been named honoree of the 12th Annual Theatre Party to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. Comments from Leslie Quick, president of Quick & Reilly Group; Grasso's history.
- Too much energy? Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p10
The article reflects on the purchase agreement of energy between the New York Board of Trade (Nybot) and the Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (ICE). Their partnership is not yet done because Nybot membership still has to approve it. Nybot and ICE merger has to go through a complicated situation...
- Financial gatekeeper. Gross, Daniel // Crain's New York Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p38
Profiles Richard Grasso, a business leader in New York City. Public role of Grasso in the rapid reopening of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) after Sept 11; Domination of the equities market; Introduction of Grasso of decimalized trading and exchange-traded funds to NYSE.
- Bank of America Promises Buildup for Its Securities Unit. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;9/19/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 180, p1
Reports on the assurance given by Banc of America Securities on the increase in research coverage and personnel in all major areas of the investment bank. Increase in the number of stocks traded; Effect of the banking consolidation on its operations; Competition faced by the bank; Corporate status.
- NEW YORK: Exchange Changes? McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the intentions of New York Stock Exchange chairman Richard Grasso to build an exchange headquarters in lower Manhattan.
- The Fall of Grasso. Farley, Thomas J. // Fortune International (Europe);11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p12
Presents a letter to the editor criticizing the October 18 article "The Fall of the House of Grasso" for not including the author's comments.
- Grasso Calls for January 'Big Bang' // On Wall Street;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
Announces the call of New York Stock Exchange Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Grasso for the conversion of the remaining listed stocks to decimals to be completed in late January 2001. Advantage of having listed securities already trading in decimals.