China Changes M&A Regulations
- The numbers game. // Marketing News;08/16/99, Vol. 33 Issue 17, pH2
The article reports that aggregate revenues of this year's Global Top 25 are very impressive. Over the 18-month period, 15 of the Top 25 have made one or more acquisitions of other research firms. That totals 40 acquisitions. And those 40 firms had aggregate revenues of $785.6 million at the...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p18
Reports on mergers and acquisition (M&A) activities as of July 19, 2004. Monthly global M&A volume; Global target volume by selected industry; European target volume of selected industry; U.S. target volume by selected industry.
- Abundant Credit and Acquisition Ardor Drive Prospects for Lively European M&A. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p32
The article considers mergers and acquisitions in Europe. Europe's rush to consolidate may have pushed the European continent and its offshore members ahead of the U.S. in deal volume for 2006. But regardless of which side of the Atlantic secured bragging rights, all indicators point to an even...
- Volume & Value for U.S. M&A. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/20/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p1
Presents a graphical representation of the number of merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. for the week ended June 13, 2005.
- 2004 M&A activity in U.S., Europe highest since 2000. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p11
The article presents information about merger and acquisition activity in the U.S. and Europe. A surge in merger and acquisition activity and spending made 2004 a year to remember for U.S. and European dealmakers alike. In the U.S., the number of merger and acquisition announcements jumped 14.8%...
- SPEC SHEET. // Home Channel News;6/12/2006, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p9
The article reports developments related to lumber trade in the U.S. Lanoga has acquired Delta Truss, operator of truss plants in Michigan. Wolf Organization, the parent company of Wolf Distributing and Lumber, has undergone a reorganization. 84 Lumber has expanded its operations into the Gulf...
- Post-merger integration starts before deal is done. Montgomery, Janelle // Fort Worth Business Press;7/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p26
Comments on the recovery of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market as of July 2004. Reasons for the failure of many M&Q transactions; Importance of integration planning for an M&A transaction; Issues that need to be addressed during the planning and integration process of M&A transaction.
- These deals were significant, but didn't make the list. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/23/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p20
The article discusses merger and acquisition deals in Indiana that didn't make the main list of the newspaper for 2005 . These deals include those involving private parties who didn't disclose financial terms; deals that didn't reach the 5 million threshold and major deals announced last 2005...
- To exit or not to exit isn't the question. Roang, Sverre David // On Balance;Sep2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
The article examines the pros and cons of 10 common exit strategies of business owners when mergers and acquisitions take place. These exit strategies include sale to a third party, sale to management, employee stock ownership plan, and sale to family. It states that regardless which route a...