IPOS IN THE US
- A Modest Comeback for IPOs. Taber, George M. // njbiz;8/30/2004 Supp George Taber, Vol. 17, p36
Focuses on an increase in initial public stock offerings (IPO) by companies in New Jersey, as of August 2004. Advantages of IPO for startup companies; Background on several companies with pending IPO; Performance of IPO in the state from 1997 to 2004.
- Tech Leaves It On the Table. Useem, Jerry // Fortune International (Europe);03/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p20
Objects to the idea of using initial public offerings (IPO) as branding events. Practice of an underwriter giving a company a low stock price so that there would be a large first-day run-up which would create attention and bolster the brand; Problem that many companies are now worth less than...
- A graceful exit requires planning and preparation. Montgomery, Janelle // Fort Worth Business Press;12/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p34
Offers suggestions for owners on how to close a business. Changes which should be made to increase the business' value; Problem with the initial public offering of the business' stock; Advantages of selling the company.
- IPOs getting hot again, but heat isn't from Google. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);6/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p26
Analyzes the recovery of initial public offerings after the decline suffered by high technology companies in the United States. IPO successes of Universal Technical Institute, Bakers Footwear, Santarus, Kinetic Concepts, Signature Bank and Eyetech Pharmaceuticals; Anticipated IPO of Google...
- Google's IPO Influences Local Stock Offerings. // San Diego Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p9
This article focuses on Google' IPO which influenced San Diego's local stock offerings. Perhaps it was because of the supposed disappointing results of Google's stock offering, or the dismal state overall market this summer, but three tech firms decided not to go ahead with planned stock...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 48, p39
Presents charts and graphs on the aftermarket performance of stocks in the U.S. as of December 2003. Initial public offering performance (IPO) in 2003; Accredited home lenders; Acusphere; Performance of recent IPOs and stock offerings.
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/10/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p35
Presents statistics reflecting the aftermarket performance of financial activities of corporations in 2004. Performance of initial public offerings (IPO) in 2004; Performance of recent IPO; Performance of stock offerings.
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 48, p22
The article focuses on initial public offerings in the U.S. Different companies with their location, filing dates, shares and filing range along with the bookrunners are listed. Some companies included in the list are Knoll, a manufacturer of office furniture, Las Vegas Sands Inc., which own and...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/10/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p17
This article focuses on the aftermarket performance of some initial public offering (IPOs) and recent stock offerings. Some of the IPOs studied are: Arbinte-thexchange; MHI Hospitality; Otelco Telecommunications; Warren Resources; Advance Amer Cash Advance Ctrs; Cambridge Display Technology;...