Weisel Wannabes Will Wait 'Til Next Year
- Lazard, Greenhill Spark IPO Chatter. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p10
The article informs that Lazard's recent filing for an initial public offering, coupled with last year's successful IPO of Greenhill & Co., has stirred the speculative pot at four tiny West Coast boutiques with ties, however remote, to the fabled Four Horsemen of the pre-bubble era, Hambrecht &...
- IPOS IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p18
The article presents information on IPOs in the U.S. Some of the companies and issues which have gone public are Watchdata, Aldabra Acqusition and Zumiez. Some of the bookrunners and book managers are JMP Securities LLC, Morgan Joseph and J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc.
- Admiral: full steam ahead. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;June 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p16
Announces the plan of Admiral Group to go public in 2004 with an estimated market valuation of around a billion dollars. View that the move will allow company owners to realize the gains on other investment in the company; Founding history of Admiral Group; Forecast demand for the share issue of...
- ThinkEquity Sees Opportunity in PR. // National Mortgage News;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p24
Reports that ThinkEquity Partners, an investment firm, has added eight financial institutions based in Puerto Rico to its coverage list in San Francisco, California.
- Small bankers corner market for tech IPOs. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;7/08/96, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the growing number of high technology firms in New York City hiring small investment banking firms to manage initial public offerings (IPO). Financial companies which have managed high technology IPOs as of July 1996; Reason for the popularity of small banking firms; Competition with...
- Utah Tech Watch. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/27/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p21
Focuses on the status of the information technology companies in Utah as of 2002. Start of the public offering of Altiris Inc.; Source of the equity funding of GlobalSim; Impetus to the foreclosure of the Lineo Inc.
- Q2 IPOs fare much better than Q1's in aftermarket. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/22/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p16
Reports that initial and follow-on stock offerings priced since the beginning of the second quarter of 2000 have performed better than those issued during the first quarter of 2000. Study by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Realistic positioning of deals that have been coming to market;...
- Hot China Internet IPO 58.com Misses With Q3 Earnings. BRIAN DEAGON // Investors Business Daily;11/27/2013, p00
- Merrill Lynch Duo Starts Boutique Firm. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;3/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 55, p20
Reports that Deborah Quazzo and Michael Moe have resigned from Merrill Lynch & Co. to form ThinkEquity Partners, a boutique investment firm focused on emerging growth sectors. Provision of brokerages and investment banking services, merger and acquisition advice and private-placement services.