Energy Company Bulks Up
- Don't Pass up El Paso. Weisser, Cybele // Money;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p48D
Focuses on energy-trading company El Paso. Similarity to the bankrupt Enron, including allegations of price manipulation in California; Drop in the company's stock price; Opinion that El Paso's assets, such as gas reserves and a natural gas pipeline, make it a valuable company.\
- News in brief. // International Power Generation;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
Presents news briefs related to various power generation industries, as of October 2002. Decrease in supply of natural gas by subsidiaries of Houston, Texas-based energy company EI Paso to California; Funds provided to Great Britain-based power generation company British Energy.
- El Paso reaches California settlement. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p11
Reports that El Paso Corp. has agreed to pay settlements with energy companies. Price reductions in two long-term supply contract; Renegotiation of energy contracts; Attempts to allay financial crisis affecting energy sector companies.
- Energy Sector Pays For Past Success. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;1/19/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the stability of energy industries in the U.S. despite the global financial crisis. It mentions that energy companies find themselves paying huge amount to get anything priced. It notes that El Paso Corp. priced $500 million in 12% notes due 2013 with an original issue...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Energy;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p2
Reports on news and developments concerning the energy industry. El Paso Corp.'s receipt of waivers on its revolving credit facility that are required to address potential issues related to its announced reserve revisions; Infinity's signing of an agreement to acquire property in the Fort Worth...
- Editor's Notebook. Shore, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 229 Issue 11, p5
Reports on El Paso Corp.'s launch of fierce rebuttal after the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ruled that El Paso improperly held back pipeline capacity during the energy crisis in California. Impact of El Paso's holding back pipeline capacity on electricity prices; El Paso's pipeline...
- El Paso, DKRW Energy to build pipeline. // Underground Construction;Nov2004, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the joint agreement of El Paso Corp. and DKRW Energy LLC, through their subsidiaries El Paso Blue Atlantic US Inc. and Sonora Pacific Mexico, for the development of up to 350 miles of natural gas pipeline infrastructure within Sonora, Mexico by 2008. Terms of the agreement; Areas...
- Noteworthies. // American Gas;May2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p34
Reports on job promotions and appointment of executives in the energy industry in the U.S. Andrew C. Kidd as senior vice president and deputy general counsel at El Paso Corp.; John D. Werderman as chief executive at Avista Labs; Michael R. Metzner as vice president at Exelon Corp.
- Light at the end of the tunnel? // Power Economics;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p11
Presents the status of several energy companies in the U.S. Provision of refinancing for Reliant Resources Inc.; Profit posted by Dynegy; Sale of several assets of El Paso Corp.