- The lost opportunity - your seminar notes. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/2/2010, Issue 324199, p7
The author focuses on the significance of taking notes during a seminar.
- Capture Your Creativity with a Digital Notebook. Samuel, Alexandra // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/29/2015, p2
The article offers step-by-step instructions for setting up the Evernote note-taking mobile application and capturing and retrieving data from the program.
- Be Sure to Write It Down. McCarthy, Tom // Lodging Hospitality;10/1/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 15, p28
The author discusses the importance of notetaking. He mentions how he take notes during meetings to remember the facts accurately. He cites that people who made notes during a verbal assignment relaxes him. He also emphasizes the importance of using a to-do list to prioritize tasks. He states...
- Take Note. HART, VICKI // Quality Progress;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p64
The article offers tips on note-taking in business meetings It discusses skills including documentation of information related to the meeting objectives, listening and summarization. It also considers steps such as organizing notes according to agenda, determining action points and notes...
- Personal View. Dann, T.C. // British Medical Journal;4/28/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6171, p1142
Relates several views of the author on the medical profession in Great Britain. Writing of medical papers; Reasons to the inability of doctors in writing research articles; Suggestion in writing articles.
- The Thesis Sentence. Higdon, Michael J. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p26
The article explores the behaviour of legal readers as they want to know the bottom line at the beginning of any writing. Topics discussed include use of thesis sentence that is a concise summary of the main point of any essay or research paper; ways to write thesis sentence; and importance of...
- The Effects of Guided Notes on Undergraduate Students' Recording of Lecture Content. Austin, Jennifer L.; Lee, Melissa; Carr, Jeffrey P. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p314
Notetaking is important for recording and remembering class content in most university courses. Despite the importance of this behavior, however, students are often poor notetakers. This study compared undergraduates' notes after traditional lecture, lecture with slides, and lecture with slides...
- News classes need phones to learn story dictation. Garrison, M. Bruce; Vivian, John H. // Journalism Educator;Oct78, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p54
The article focuses on an exercise that uses telephone as a newsgathering medium. The students were required to dictate stories extemporaneously from evening public meetings to designated fellow students at home. Instead of returning home to write a story after a city, county, or school board...
- 4 steps to better note-taking. // Administrative Professional Today;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4
The article provides steps in creating better note-taking during meetings and training sessions. It notes the importance of mental concentration to focus on the significant points of the meeting. It highlights the recommendation of publisher Michael Hyatt to use a journal-formatted notebook to...