Proton pump inhibitor use and risk of community-acquired Clostridium difficile-associated disease defined by prescription for oral vancomycin therapy
- Clostridium difficile Infection in Patients With Ileal Pouches. Seril, Darren N; Shen, Bo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2014, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p941
Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infection (CDI) following total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosis has been increasingly recognized over the past 5 years. CDI of the ileal pouch has been recognized in âˆ¼10% of symptomatic patients seen at a tertiary referral center for...
- Aggression of C-difficile Infections in PPI Consumers. Daniell, Harry W // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2014, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p922
A letter to the editor in response to a research article related to the association between proton pump inhibitor (PPI) use and clostridium difficile (C-difficile) infection (CDI) recurrences published in a previous issue is presented.
- Response to Daniell. Freedberg, Daniel E; Salmasian, Hojjat; Friedman, Carol; Abrams, Julian A // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2014, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p922
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to association between proton pump inhibitor (PPI) use and C-difficile infection (CDI) recurrences, published in a previous issue.
- Proton pump inhibitors and the risk of Clostridium difficileassociated disease: further evidence from the community. Cunningham, Richard // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/26/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 7, p757
The article presents a commentary on the research previously published in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" entitled "Proton Pump Inhibitor Use and Risk of Community-Acquired Clostridium Difficile-Associated Disease Defined by Prescription for Oral Vancomycin Therapy." It discusses the...
- Patterns of antibiotic use and risk of hospital admission because of Clostridium difficile infection. Dial, Sandra; Kezouh, Abbas; Dascal, Andre; Barkun, Alan; Suissa, Samy // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/7/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p767
Background: Previous observations have indicated that infection with Clostridium difficile occurs almost exclusively after exposure to antibiotics, but more recent observations have suggested that prior antibiotic exposure may be less frequent among cases of community acquired disease. Methods:...
- What's Hot in the Red Journal This Month? // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2009, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p1081
The article presents abstracts on gastroenterology which include the clinical research grant awards given by the American College of Gastroenterology to 341 recipients, the retrospective case-control study about the association of proton pump inhibitor therapy to cirrhotic patients with ascites...
- C. difficile associated with worse outcomes in IBD patients. // Infectious Disease News;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p40
The article reports on a study published online which found the that inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients who contract Clostridium difficile in the hospital are more likely to die in the hospital than hospital patients with IBD alone.
- Re: Proton Pump Inhibitors and Risk for Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infection Among Inpatients. Abdallah, Jason; Hassan, Tuyyab; Kyprianou, Annette // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p601
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Proton pump inhibitors and risk for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection among inpatients" by D.E. Freedberg and colleagues in a 2013 issue.
- Response to Abdallah et al. Freedberg, Daniel E; Salmasian, Hojjat; Friedman, Carol; Abrams, Julian A // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p602
A response from author D.E. Freedberg and colleagues of the article "Proton pump inhibitors and risk for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection among inpatients" in the 2013 issue is presented.