- Kentucky's southern belle. Cheung, Michelle // Business Mexico;Apr1996, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p36
Presents information on the bourbon whiskey trade in Mexico. Distribution of the alcohol by Kentucky Distillers' Association; Creation of bourbon by Reverend Elijah Craig in 1789; Statitical information on the international consumption of bourbon.
- WHY YOUR NEXT GIN SHOULD BE BROWN. MAROUKIAN, FRANCINE; AUWERDA, ANDREW; LEHMAN, GREG // Popular Mechanics;Nov2015, Vol. 192 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses why craft distillers should begin finishing their gins in bourbon barrels. Topics include the tawny color and complex flavor produced by gins in bourbon barrels, the role of the charred barrels for the maturation of bourbon once, and why aging process will work for...
- The Blessing of Elijah Craig. Babbin, Jed // American Spectator;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p74
Focuses on the history of bourbon, a native whiskey from the U.S. Description of how Scotch drinkers approach bourbon; Details on making a bourbon; Role of Reverend Elijah Craig in the invention of bourbon.
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: BOURBON. Strenk, Th // Restaurant Business;Sep2006, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p60
The article discusses Bourbon which is a form of whiskey. The saga of Bourbon is filled with contradictions. Some people think that it was invented in the 1780s by a Baptist minister called Elijah Criag, which has become a famous brand of bourbon today. In 1964, Bourbon was declared as America's...
- Batch to the Future. Wondrich, David // Bon Appetit;Apr2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p72
The article presents the author's discussion on the reappearance of bourbon whiskey in the U.S. According to the author, the return of bourdon whiskey lies in the small-batch blends of bourbons that help produce its unique taste. The type of barrels used and the environment where the small-batch...
- Product Launch - US: Diageo's Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Co Rhetoric. Wehring, Olly // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);5/25/2014, p9
The article reports that premium drinks company Diageo has lined up the 3rd Bourbon expression from its Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Co. Rhetoric to be available in limited supply. Topics covered include the official launch of Orphan Barrel division earlier in 2014, the creation of Orphan...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Beverage World;6/15/2014, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p17
The article offers information on new products from the beverage industry including London No. 1, the gold-medal winning London Dry style gin, from GonzÃ¡lez Byass, Berentzen Bushel & Barrel, the blend of bourbon and apple liquer from Berentzen USA, and Rhetoric, a highly limited bourbon from...
- Six decades of distilling. // Beverage Industry;Sep2014, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p42
The article offers information on Wild Turkey bourbon master distiller Jimmy Russell and the celebration of his 60th year in the business in 2014 with the release of the limited-edition bourbon Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary.
- New PRODUCTS: Bourbon 'MASTERPIECE'. // Beverage Industry;Sep2001, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p28
Introduces a Distiller's Masterpiece, a straight bourbon whisky from Jim Beam Brands Co. in Deerfield, Illinois. Enhancement of complexity of product by using Geyser port casks; Design of the French glass decanters; Signatures included in each bottle.