Ideation: From farm to table
- THE GARDENING GOURMET. Prebich, Kristen // Flower & Garden;Nov2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p13
Presents several fruit and vegetable recipes, including Tart Apple Almond Pie and International Potatoes.
- Entertaining alfresco. Carroll, Mary // Vegetarian Times;Aug94, Issue 204, p34
Presents various vegetable and fruit recipes ideal for alfresco dining. Includes Wilted Green Beans With Basil; Bruschetta With Pureed Ricotta and Roasted Red Peppers; Caribbean Salad Platter; Melon Mango Sorbet: Grilled Summer Fruit.
- Recipes. // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Apr97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p102
Presents recipes for menus prepared by Marsha Hyll using fresh ingredients from her garden at Spongeware Farm in New Preston, Connecticut. Includes Misticanza Salad with Roasted Tomao-Shallot Vinaigrette; Basil-Garlic Balsamic Vinegar; Squash Bisque with Creme Fraiche and Frizzled Leeks.
- From the garden. Ambrose, Jeanne; Medley, Michelle // Better Homes & Gardens;Aug2000, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p151
Presents recipes using fruits and vegetables grown in the garden. Two-Bean Salad; Parsley-Thyme Vinaigrette; Beet Biscuits; Fruit-Blast Refresher. INSETS: To prepare fennel.;Aw shucks.;Mini tart pans.;Handling peppers.
- Nature's harvest. Mills, Jackie; Walton IV, Charles // Southern Living;Jul96, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p138
Features recipes using various fruits and vegetables. Includes Roasted Salsa Verde; Herbed Cheese Sandwiches With Artichoke-Tomato Salsa; Peach Melba Meringues With Buttermilk Custard Sauce. INSET: Bright bells..
- Mellow melon soup. Parch, Lorie // Self;May96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p206
Presents information on benefits of making soups with vegetables and fruits. Vegetables used in the making of gazpacho; Recipe for making Chilled Mixed-Melon Soup.
- To market, to market. Ellis, Jane // House Beautiful;Aug95, Vol. 137 Issue 8, p94
Presents dishes made from a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits that farmers across America haul on their weekly visit to the market. Apricot Almond Chutney; Chive Blossom and Dill Vinegar; Silver Thyme and Rose Petal Vinegar; Couscous Salad; Berry Crisp; Grilled Vegetable Antipasto with...
- Spring fever for flavor. Campbell, Dana Adkins; Kilpatrick, John // Southern Living;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p206
Presents fruits and vegetables recipes by Rachel and John Kilpatrick. Mushroom-stuffed Tomatoes; Pasta-Veggie Salad; More.
- Saving the flavor of summer. Bishop, Jack // Natural Health;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p60
Presents recipes for oven-dried fresh produce. Oven-drying basics; Granola with Oven-Dried Strawberries and Walnuts; Granola with Dried Tropical Fruits and Macadamia Nuts; Penne with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Olives and Herbs; Mashed Potatoes with Oven-Dried Tomatoes. INSETS: Cut and dried...