Update from the field
- EAT YOUR WAY TO GOOD HEALTH. // Dolly;Jan2011, Issue 481, p120
The article provides information on several healthy summer foods and ways on how to eat them. Watermelon is said to be rich in lycopene, which helps prevent cancer. Avocados contain fat that is easily converted to energy and is good for the heart. The other foods mentioned are bananas,...
- The Season's Five Best Foods. Dworkin, Norine // Vegetarian Times;Jun99, Issue 262, p44
Provides information on five of the best summer's best foods. Impact of adding slices of avocado on salad; Nutritional content of blueberries; Details on iced teas.
- NPC Develops Resistance Management Brochures. Keeling, John // American Vegetable Grower;Aug2005, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the availability of risk resistance management brochures for potato growers through the efforts of the National Potato Council (NPC) in the U.S. as of August 2005. Lost of crop protection products from resistance development; Distribution of the brochures to state potato...
- The Fruit Bowl. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun2003, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p15
Presents several charts on the daily nutritional value of several fruits. Guava; Watermelon; Lemon; Avocado.
- Children dig up earlies in Potato Council's growing project. // Horticulture Week;7/23/2010, p27
The article focuses on the Grow Your Own Potatoes project of the Potato Council, an initiative of growers to help schools plant potatoes as part of the program to improve children's eating habits in Great Britain.
- Yorkshire Potato Day announced. // Horticulture Week;7/9/2010, p27
The article offers information on the Yorkshire Potato Day to be held in England in July 2010.
- Potato growers team up to increase sales. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;6/25/2010, p35
The article reports that ten potato growers from across the Great Britain have teamed up as potato ambassadors of the Potato Council to increase potato consumption and sales across the country.
- Ulster spud men want aid from EU. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;2/21/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p57
Reports on the effort made by Northern Ireland potato growers to justify their need of the European Commission aid to offset losses caused by 2002's wet weather, as of February 2003. Factors influencing aid decision.
- 3 elected to state potato board. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Jun2011, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p26
The article reports on the election of potato farmers Tom Wild, William Wysocki, and Heidi Randall to the Wisconsin Potato Industry Board in Wisconsin.