Preparation and Cooking
- HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CCP DETERMINATION IN THE SMOKED CHICKEN LEG PRODUCTION PROCESS. Kozačinski, L.; Jacxsens, L.; Rajkovič, A.; Njari, B.; Zdolec, N.; Filipović, I.; Bystrický, P. // MESO;May/Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p195
Hazard analysis, the first principle within the HACCP system has been identified as one of the most demanding tasks for a HACCP team. The second principle of HACCP is determination of Critical Control Points, at which control can be applied and is essential to prevent or eliminate a food safety...
- New ISO food safety standard. // Food Manufacture;Sep2003, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p64
Reports on the development of an International Standardization Organization standard on food safety and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point systems by the end of 2004 in Europe. Scope and coverage of the proposed standard; Need to harmonize food standards devised on a national level to...
- THE NEW HEALTH INSPECTION PROCESS. Jacobs, Don // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov2003, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p76
Reports that the U.S. Food Code has tightened its focus on a hazard analysis critical control points (HACCP) approach to ensure safe food productions in the U.S., as of November 2003. Details of the revision made to the code; Requirements of the HACCP procedure.
- The New Health Inspection Process. Jacobs, Don // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p76
The article focuses on inspection processes in various restaurants. The U.S. Food Code is revised biannually, and the version has noticeably tightened its focus on a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) approach to ensuring safe food production systems. In application, the Code has...
- POINT/COUNTER. Sperber, William H.; Doyle, Michael P. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p11
The article presents a debate on whether or not existing hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) programs are adequate to maintain a safe food supply.
- PACKAGING GROUP LOOKS TO HACCP FOR SAFETY. Demetrakakes, Pan // Food & Beverage Packaging;Feb2009, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p18
The article profiles the Food Safety Alliance for Packaging (FSAP), a coalition of the largest consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies in the U.S. The mission of the organization is to elevate food packaging safety awareness and provide avenues for tools and training for the packaging supply...
- Conducting HACCP Audits Down on the Farm. Stegelin, Forrest // Journal of Food Distribution Research;Mar2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p149
The article focuses on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). It is described as an efficient and rational measure of assuring food safety from harvest to consumption which consists of seven principles, including conducting a hazard analysis and identifying the critical points. The...
- Ease HACCP Headaches. Offley, Steve // Process Heating;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p28
The article offers information on the significance of the hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) plans to the food processing industry in the U.S. The scheme is widely used by various companies to provide safe food products, which contain seven main principles used in identifying,...
- Mercadeo y Ventas. Camacho, Oscar // Industria Alimenticia;mai2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p39
No abstract available.