Keeping Salads in Check
- Seasonal ingredients inspire, challenge corporate chefs. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;3/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the changes that are taking place in the food service industry that every corporate chef in the industry will feel its impact. The signs of a change are everywhere. Late last year Cracker Barrel introduced the first in a series of seasonal menus and more recently Wendy's...
- salad days. Brayfield, Amy // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Offers tips on salad dressing. Green vegetables to experiment with; Suggested protein to add; Vegetables and fruits to try. INSET: BUILD YOUR OWN SALAD DRESSING.
- Mixed Greens. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2014, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p136
Several recipes for salads are presented including citrus and smoked almond salad, roasted butternut squash salad and avocado, and roasted carrot salad.
- superstar SALADS. Huber, Lia // Prevention;Jun2007, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p198
The article presents several recipes for salads including curried tofu with Asian slaw, balsamic roasted carrots, and watercress pesto.
- Brilliant Salads. Perry, Marge // Better Homes & Gardens;May2008, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p210
The author offers tips on how to prepare salads with nutritious ingredients from each color group. She describes the nutritional value of the fruits, vegetables and other produce that represent color groups like red, green, yellow and orange, and white. The author also discusses the preparation...
- GREAT SALADS IN THE MAKING. // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug84, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p16
No abstract available.
- GREAT GREENS. Kadey, Matthew G. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2006, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p88
This article offers several tips on how to make several salads more nutritious. For fat-free dressing, the author suggests using oil and vinegar. For croutons or bacon bits, he suggests using walnuts. For green pepper, he recommends using red pepper. For iceberg lettuce, the author suggests...
- Salad Days. Baker, M. Sharon // Nation's Restaurant News;5/5/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p45
The article reports that chefs are pairing slices of seasonal fruits with baby greens, a mix of vegetables and often a fruit-infused vinaigrette dressing for the summer season in the U.S. According to Marley Hodgson, co-founder of Mad Greens, fruit has continued to rise in people's minds as a...
- RECIPES. // Braille Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p207
Several recipes including Rainbow Salad, Three-Vegetable Dish, and Twenty-Minute Spaghetti are presented.