- Cultural liaisons serve as bridge between community and school. NELSON, SARAH W.; GUERRA, PATRICIA L. // Journal of Staff Development;Oct2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p57
The article offers information on cultural liaison, which helps school personnels understand the values of the community, and members in negotiating the structures of the school systems.
- Back to School Breakfast set. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/17/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 29, p2A
The article reports on the plan of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) to have its annual employee Back to School breakfast for the 2013-2014 school year in Texas on August 20, 2013.
- 7 Dallas employees suspended in suspected fraud. Keller, Bess // Education Week;06/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p3
Reveals that seven Dallas, Texas school district employees have been suspended in an investigation that began with suspected overtime fraud but has widened to include purchasing and contracting practices. Superintendent Yvonne Gonzales' intention of expediting the investigation; Auditors'...
- Staffing plan calls for more positions. Castile, Raymond // Wentzville Journal;2/8/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 6, pA5
The article reports on the plan of the Francis Howell School District in Missouri to add 10 certified staff positions in 2013 to keep class sizes within the optimum standards of the state.
- Beaufort County schools raise participation 10-12%. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
States that the Beaufort County School District in Beaufort, South Carolina have increased its participation at secondary level since the introduction of a corporate iamage as `Sea Island Foods,' program. Information on the program; Expectations of the company; Increase in the number of...
- How school f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p90
Comments on the performance of foodservice operations in the United States, focusing on the increase in the total food service expenditures for 100 top school districts in 1996, while highlighting the Foodservice Director's 1996 Performance Report. Comparison of figures attained in 1996 to that...
- Summer Food Program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p14A
The article reports on the participation of Malakoff Independent School District (ISD) in Malakoff, Texas in the Summer Food Service Program, in which all children 18 years old and under will given meals for free.
- FOR PURCHASING ADVANTAGE: Cal. schools broaden scope. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the food service at the Torrance Unified School District in Torrance, California. Changes in the management of the food service; Benefits of the use of government commodities; Terms on the government cooperation.
- PUTTING IMAGINATION TO WORK: Utah schools raise participation with taste-tests, remodels, games. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the food service at Nebo School District in Spanish Fork, Utah. Strategies used by the cafes to improve participation; Goals of food service supervisor Bill Vest; Quality services offered by the cafes.