Easton debuts cashless systems
- IN LOUISIANA DIST.: Summer poses labor shortage. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Reports on how the East Baton Rouge School District in Louisiana has braced for a sudden increase in summer feeding volume. Reason for the increase in the number of students attending summer school in 2000; District's problem with the shortage of food service workers.
- GLENDALE SCHOOLS KEEP MEALS LIVELY. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Hard Hat program launched by the food service operator at Glendale Unified School District in California during the renovation of kitchens in several of its elementary schools, as of October 2003. Reason behind the program; Food items to be provided by the program.
- San Francisco school dist. targets 7% particip. gain. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the California-based San Francisco Unified School District's aim to equal or beat 1998's seven percent participation increase by revamping its satellite sites, incorporating more fresh fruits and vegetables, and tying-in curriculum. Switch from traditional gable-top cartons to DuPont...
- Floresville invites meal applications. // Wilson County News;3/26/2014, p3E
The article reports on free and reduced-price meals for students offered by the Floresville Independent School District (ISD) of Texas and mentions that the ISD solicits meal applications for children in one household, as of March 2014.
- Lancashire pilots meal choice for over-fives. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4302, p16
Reports on a cashless payment system that will be installed by Lancashire County Council at Lostock Hall Community Primary School in Preston, England, to provide students their meal choice before the start of a school day. Benefits of the payment system; Estimated cost of installing the...
- As Economy Falters, Meal Counts Rise. // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
The article reports an increase in the number of students participating in school meal programs in the U.S., according to a report released by the School Nutrition Association. The survey analyzed data from 137 school districts across the country. The survey found that overall meal participation...
- Deli sales brighten in Mich. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
This article reports on the increase in sales of reimbursable deli meals at Brighton School District in Michigan. Revenues jumped from $16,834 in the 2004-2005 school year to $37,719 in 2006, owing to its addition of four hot sandwiches to its deli offerings. The new line of reimbursable...
- Healthier Meals. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/5/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p2
The article deals with the public school nutrition rules in Texas which require changes in school lunch menus to promote healthy eating habits among students in Texas. Foods with little nutritional value and foods with high fat content are prohibited under the rules. The menu changes are aimed...
- Spotlight on Nicole Shaw, RD, LDN: Cultivating Nutrition. // School Business Affairs;May2014, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p40
The article profiles Nicole Shaw, a food service supervisor in Great Valley School District (GVSD) in Malvern, Pennsylvania. She helped the launching of the schools farm-to-school which serves healthy meals to their students. According to Shaw, starting the food service garden and witnessing its...