THROUGH THE WIRE
- Broadband, universal service pop up in assorted Hill venues. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the issue of broadband service availability in the U.S. discussed at congressional hearings held in Washington, D.C. in March 2006. Senator Jay Rockefeller announced that his constituents want access to broadband services at the contribution hearings of the Senate Commerce...
- Rockefeller introduces bill to reallocate the D block. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Sep2010, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the Broadband for First Responders Act of 2010 that would reallocate the 700 megahertz (MHz) D Block spectrum to public safety aimed at supporting operation and innovative wireless services of a proposed nationwide wireless broadband networks for first responders...
- Guardian of Federalism Award Named for Tennessee Sen. Douglas Henry. // State News (Council of State Governments);Aug2008, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p36
The article announces that the annual Guardian of Federalism Award, presented each year by The Council of State Governments (CSG), was renamed in honor of Tennessee state Senator Douglas Henry. The Senator Douglas Henry Guardian of Federalism Awards were announced at the CSG 75th Anniversary...
- Techno Fix. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on U.S. President Barack Obama's call for a better broadband connectivity across the U.S. in his State of the Union address. Senator Jay Rockefeller, who chairs the Senate Commerce Committee which oversees communications policy, says he has pushed for affordable, high-speed...
- Senators propose a la carte for broadcast stations. // CED;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p7
The article reports a la carte proposals by the U.S. Senators Jay Rockefeller and John Thune for television (TV) viewers to decide broadband channels in their cable programs and also mentions reauthorize satellite TV legislation STELA for Direct-broadcast satellite of local broadband stations.
- 'long goodbye'. Rothstein, Betsy // Hill;3/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p21
The article announces awards given at the annual National Alzheimer's Gala including the Shriver Profiles in Dignity Award to Sen. Jay Rockefeller and the Young Champions Award to Terrell Owens.
- Senator Rockefeller receives oustanding public service award. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter91, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p150
Profiles Senator John D. Rockefeller IV, (Democrat-West Virginia), who received the American Society of Internal Medicine's (ASIM) `Outstanding Public Service Award.' Legislation introduced by Senator Rockefeller and other key Senate Democrats; Various commissions chaired by Rockefeller; Brief...
- E-LABEL Act which Allows ICT Innovation Through Use of eLabels for Device Information. // Telecom Standards;Jul2014, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that American trade body Telecommunications Industry Association has praised the Senators John Rockefeller and Debra Fischer for their introduction of the Enhance Labeling, Accessing and Branding of Electronic Licenses Act of 2014.
- Rock-ing the Video World. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p8
The article offers information on an omnibus video-reform bill introduced by U.S. Senator Jay Rockefeller as of November 2013, which will enable over-the-top video providers to get access to programming rights similar to those given to satellite operators in the 1992 Cable Act. It states that...