Debt-Light, RCN Explores Sellout Options
- Blackstone Offers $26 Billion for Hilton (the Hotels, not Paris). // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/9/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 27, p9
The article reports that Blackstone Group inc. has offered to buy Hilton Hotels Inc. for $26 billion in the U.S. Hilton said that its board has already approved the deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2007. The deal has Blackstone paying $47.50 a share, a 40 percent premium...
- Blackstone Makes Best of Turmoil. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/14/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the move of private equity firm Blackstone Group LP to acquire GSO Capital Partners in the U.S. The former will pay $620 million in cash and stock for the latter. According to the former, the move will complement its own global alternative investment businesses. According...
- MCN Online POLL RESULTS. // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p30
The article presents the online poll results conducted by the journal regarding the likely bidder for RCN Corp. in the U.S. Results show that 14 percent believes that the bidder could be an incumbent cable company, 64 percent believes that it could be a private-equity player, and 22 percent...
- Blackstone deal keeps spotlight on industry. Merkel, James // Hotel & Motel Management;9/18/2007, Vol. 222 Issue 16, p14
The article discusses the plan of Blackstone Group Inc. to acquire Hilton Hotels Corp. The mega private equity deals of Blackstone in the hospitality industry is anticipated to result in a strong vote of confidence in the industry fundamentals. It will also indicate an opportunity for an...
- Blackstone: Been there, done that. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;4/2/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6249, p1
The article focuses on the professional achievements of dealmaker Neil Simpkins of private equity fund Blackstone Group Inc. He played a vital role for his company in negotiating the purchase of American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. Later he helped in managing the acquisition of airbag...
- Satellite M&A Deal's To Flood The Market. McDermott, Judy // High Yield Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p2
Reports on Blackstone Group's acquisition of Netherlands-based New Skies Satellites.
- BLACKSTONE IN TALKS OVER MILLER STAKE. // Estates Gazette;7/16/2011, Issue 1128, p30
The article reports on the negotiations of Blackstone to acquire a stake in Miller Group, a housebuilder and developer based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- TRUMP PARC STRUGGLES, WHILE LUXURY HOME SALES SOARS. GALLAGHER, PATRICK // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/7/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that Trump Parc Stamford has been acquired by Blackstone Group LP in an auction from Lloyds Banking Group PLC in December 2012.
- Blackstone Takes Pactera Private in $625M Deal. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/21/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p14
The article reports that a buyer consortium led by private equity (PE) firm the Blackstone Group LP has acquired Pactera Technology International Ltd., a consulting and technology services provider based in Beijing, China, for 625 million U.S. dollars and the consortium is taking Pactera private.