Let Name Game Begin
- TVKO to Emphasize Fighter in PPV Plan. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;08/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p18
Reports on cable network TVKO's multimedia advertising campaign for its broadcast of the Roy Jones-Eric Harding boxing fight. Concept of the campaign; Sponsors of the sports event; Customer offerings launched by TVKO to promote the fight.
- Technology for sports: Enhancing the viewing experience. Hashmi, Yasmin; Plumbridge, Stella // World Broadcast Engineering;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p26
Reports the expansion of sports coverage by Sky Sports cable television network. Events covered by the network; Enhancement of TV programs through technological developments; Development of applications enabling the download of programs into the Sky Digital IRD.
- Will the revolution be televised? Goth, Greg // Soccer Digest;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the deal signed in June 1999 between the American Youth Soccer Organization and Fox Sports World and FSW-Espanol, the Fox empire's showcases for topnotch soccer worldwide. Impact of the 1999 Women's World Cup and the grassroots soccer effort in the United States; Major provisions of...
- Tale of the tape. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;08/18/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the reaction of golfers to the failure of `The Golf Channel' to broadcast live coverage of the 2000 Buick Open tournament.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael // Golf World;01/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p6
Details the changes implemented by the Golf Channel and ABC network.
- The Senior PGA Tour--up a point in mild trading. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the proposal of the CNBC business network to air the Senior PGA Tour.
- CNN/SI Helps Ops Drive Digital. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p36
Reports the addition of live sports programming for the CNN/Sports Illustrated in the United States. Demands for live sports coverage; Utilization of the National Association for Stock Car Racing in promoting TNT in subscriber-acquisition campaigns; Significance of affiliate deals on digital...
- Dollars decrease as pugilism takes pounding. Tapp, Tom // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p36
Provides information on the pay-per-view boxing programs of the television network Showtime. Decrease in the audience share and revenue posted by the network; Comments from several executives of the network; Television broadcasting plans of the network.
- Golf Channel Sees Sales Green Ahead. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p16
Reports the postponement of the coverage of golf tournament by Golf Channel due to the terrorist attacks in the United States. Affiliation of awards on the Ryders Cup promotion; Increase in advertisement insertion on Golf; Implication of bus promotion on promotional bases on marketing materials.