Iowans Sue Over Fees
- A La Carte. // CableFAX Daily;12/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 245, p1
The article focuses on the problems associated with a la carte programming in cable television according to Kagan. Based on its estimates, consumers pay $1.49 per day for cable in the U.S. The figure implies the need to limit a la carte buys to 6-9 basic cable networks.
- Connecticut overbuild. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/93, Vol. 123 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the application of FiberVision for additional Connecticut cable television franchises. Competition with TCI, Cabletelevision Systems and Comcast; Overbuild of Connecticut's cable system.
- Weyrich sues New Republic. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;04/06/98, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p34
States that a lawsuit has been filed by Paul Weyrich and the NET/Political NewsTalk Network, which is now called America's Voice, against the New Republic and its staff. Reason for filing the lawsuit; Comments from Larry Klayman, chairman of Judicial Watch and counsel to Weyrich; Other detailed...
- TNN ratings spike with bows. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/1/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 60, p9
Reports on the court battle of The Nashville Network (TNN) with Spike Lee. Details of the case; Contention of changing TNN's name into Spike.
- Cable Franchise Vote Coming This Week. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/6/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p3
The article reports that Grand Rapids is waiting for the passage of a new cable franchise bill that would end local franchise contracts. The Michigan Townships Association and Michigan Municipal League are opposed to it because it will allow cable providers to terminate their franchise...
- Start Over Stats:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Reports on the performance of the Start Over service of Time Warner Cable from January to March 2006. Plan of Time Warner to expand the service; Popular networks viewed over the service.
- Franchise Fracas:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p2
Reports on the plan by the Louisiana Legislature to pass a statewide franchising bill in May 2006. Implications of the bill for cable operators in the state.
- Round two in TV news war. Shea, Felicity // B&T Weekly;2/4/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2505, p14
The article reports that Seven cable television network jazzed up its news graphics, moved into a new Sydney studio at Martin Place and brought in highprofile news anchor Ian Ross. This fresh approach at the Stokes network yielded results almost immediately. In the current affairs stakes things...
- Turner To Stream Summer Shows. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;5/28/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting Systems will present its original programming during the summer of 2007 online shortly after the programs air on its TNT and TBS cable television networks. All seven programs will be available at the two networks' Web sites within hours of the...