Comcast Gets Into Arena Ticketing Game
- Fresno arenas among global top 200. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/18/2013, Issue 324719, p6
The article reports that Save Mart Center and Selland Arena of Fresno, California have been included in the top 200 arenas worldwide for the 2013 ticket sales according to the annual rankings released by Pollstar on October 11, 2013.
- Fresno arenas make global top 200. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/11/2013, p6
The article reports that Selland Arena and Save Mart Center in Fresno, California being recognized in Pollstar Magazine's annual Top 200 Arenas in the World list for ticket sales for entertainment concerts.
- Selland Arena earns high marks for ticket sales. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/20/2005, Issue 323402, p4
This article reports that Fresno, California's Selland Arena has earned a worldwide ranking for ticket sales, according to a national entertainment trade magazine. An annual report by "Pollstar Magazine" listed Selland as the 21st highest grossing venue in the world for the first quarter of...
- Cavs/Gund Arena provides tech to track tickets. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
Reports that Cavs/Gund Arena Co., operator of all events at Cleveland, Ohio's Gund Arena, will introduce suiteholders to UsherPro 2000, a software designed to help them manage their event tickets more efficiently. Formalization of the ticket distribution process; Software produced by Marketing...
- How We Compile The Boxscore Charts. Allen, Bob // Billboard;12/23/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 51, pYE110
The article offers information on how "Billboard" magazine compiles data for their year-end Boxscore chart. A boxscore is considered a single event, but not necessarily a single event. Box-office data that is reported comes mostly from concert promoters and concert venues and includes...
- DDA to take up rampage lease, tickets next week. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/02/98, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the Grand Rapids, Michigan Downtown Development Authority's efforts to resolve concerning ticket brokerage for the city's Van Andel Arena. City commissioners' selection of TicketMaster as the center's main ticketing agent; Debate over the ticket agent for Grand Rapids Rampage soccer...
- GR arena ticket-pact pursued. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p3
Reports on a ticket-selling contract between Tickets Plus Inc. and Spectacor Management Group for the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Apprehension among Operations Committee members.
- You've Got Mail--and Seats. Cook, Kevin; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;06/07/99, Vol. 90 Issue 23, p28
Focuses on the acquisition of sporting event tickets on-line as of June 7, 1999. Example of the Dallas Stars fans' use of E-Deals, a free service created by the team, to purchase tickets; Benefits, including the elimination of empty seats at sporting events; Comments from Stars executive Brian...
- YOU BE TUE JUDGE. Jones, Bruce M. // Saturday Evening Post;9/20/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 12, p67
The article presents the litigation concerning a state-ticket-broker's license that authorizes to resell the sports event tickets of a ball club above regular price. A certain broker ignored the club's notification that it would no longer honor tickets resold at a premium jeopardizing his life...