MTVN, UMG Partner Up
- UMG vids off MTV sites in license tiff. Bruno, Antony // Hollywood Reporter;8/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the pull out of music videos by Universal Music Group (UMG) from MTV Networks due to the expiry of the existing license deal between the two and the scuttling of renegotiation talks.
- Mobile:. // CableFAX Daily;9/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 178, p3
The article reports on an agreement between MTV Networks' Music Group and Universal Music Group (UMG). The agreement allows MTV Networks to create and distribute full-length music videos and original video programming for mobile devices that feature UMG artists such as Bon Jovi and Ludacris.
- UMG, teen site partner on videos. Hurn, Mary Elizabeth // DM News;3/9/2009, p3
The article reports on the partnership of U.S.-based Universal Music Group (UMG) with Kiwibox. Under the deal, more than 5,000 of full-length music videos of UMG will be available in Kiwibox Music Videos. Advertisers looking to reach Kiwibox's 2.4 million registered teen members can benefit from...
- Universal Music-Diva Deal Spurs Talks with Operators. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p41
Highlights the partnership of Universal Music Group and Diva Systems Corp. as part of Universal's efforts to port its broadband music-video service to various interactive-television (ITV) platforms in the United States. Number of music videos contained in Universal's The Viewing Lounge; Content...
- MEDIA. // Revolution (14605953);May2009, p7
The article announces the partnership formed by Universal Music Group and YouTube for the creation of Vevo, a standalone music service that hosts the music recording studio's video content. It says that users will be able to access Universal's entire catalogue of music videos including artist...
- UMG PULLS PLUG ON MTV. Morris, Christopher // Daily Variety;8/9/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 25, p6
The article reports that Universal Music Group has moved its music videos from the MTV's web sites after the licensing negotiation between Vevo and Viacom's MTV failed.
- Jamdat agrees to cell-phone games starring Dora, Blue. // RCR Wireless News;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p12
Reports that mobile entertainment publisher Jamdat Mobile Inc. will partner with Nickelodeon to develop and distribute games based on the television programs of the network. Statement issued by Jamdat CEO Mitch Lasky on the alliance of the company with the television network.
- Universal Music Group Launches Music VOD. Wolf, Jessica // Video Store Magazine;5/2/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p15
Reports on the partnership between Universal Music Group (UMG) and Gotuit Media Group to offer music video service for cable video on demand (VOD) as of May 2004. Work load for the companies; Inclusions on the music video service; Statement form Scott Hochgesang, vice-president of business...
- Vodafone strikes download tie-up. // Marketing (00253650);11/16/2005, p2
The article reports on the partnership between Vodafone Group PLC and Universal Music Group, the world's biggest music company, to offer thousands of music tracks to its customers globally. The partnership will eventually lead to the mobile giant offering a library of 600,000 downloads through...