'Simpsons' Go Mobile
- Peter Chernin. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2006 Supplement, Vol. 136, p14
The article presents a profile of News Corp. President Peter Chernin. The contrast in political views and personal style between Chernin and News Corp. Chairman of the Board Rupert Murdoch is noted. Chernin's background as head of the Showtime cable network is described. Chernin's arrival at Fox...
- Fox turnin' to Chernin, Carey. Brodie, John; Levin, Gary // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p28
Reports on Peter Chernin's appointment as president and chief operating officer of News Corp.
- Chernin, Carey get new News Corp. posts. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/04/96, Vol. 126 Issue 46, p33
Announces the appointment of Peter Chernin as president and chief operating officer of News Corp. and Chase Carey as co-chief operating officer of the company. Career backgrounds; Rupert Murdoch as chairman of News Corp.; Consolidation of the North American operations of News Corp. under the...
- Yanks have kudos in the Cannes. James, Alison // Variety;10/20/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 10, p26
Presents an overview of the 2003 Mipcom awards in Cannes, France. Award received by News Corp. COO Peter Chernin; Recipient of the 2003 Personality of the Year.
- New MySpace' narrows focus to entertainment. // Chicago Citizen;11/10/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p15
The article reports that online social hub MySpace owned by News Corp. will relaunch its new website to provide music, videos, and celebrity news for online users.
- Chernin Downplays Sports-Tiers Talk. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p39
The article focuses on business strategies of News Corp. News Corp. president Peter Chernin did his best to downplay possible moves of Fox regional sports networks onto separate pricing tiers. Chernin said that News could look to raise affiliate fees for some of its cable networks, particularly...
- BBC's free sat feed puts Chernin in orbit. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/13/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the reaction of News Corp. president and chief operating officer Peter Chernin to the decision of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to unencrypt digital satellite feed in Cannes, France. Effect of the unencryption on motion picture copyrights; Rights of BBC to unencrypt digital...
- FOX GETS KICK FROM KAZAKH. GOLDSMITH, JILL // Daily Variety;2/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the financial results of the News Corp.'s holdings with a particular focus on MyNetworkTV. The article presents information that MyNetworkTV's financial troubles affected the News Corp.'s net income, which dropped to $822 million for the fiscal second quarter. The article...
- CHERNIN'S H'WOOD LAUNCH CHAT. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;10/30/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the question and answer session with News Corp. president and chief operating officer Peter Chernin. Continued interest of News Corp. in a tie-up with DirecTV, a subsidiary of General Motors; Emphasis of the company on event programming; Concerns about piracy.