A Cross-Platform Scare
- Delivering on-demand services using GbE. Southwell, Gary // CED;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p66
Focuses on the deployment of video-on-demand services by the cable operators using the gigabit Ethernet and dense wavelength division multiplexing. Enhancement of the digital services offered to customers; Connection of the centralized servers; Reduction of the transport costs.
- Dear Santa (Roberts). Brown, Roger; Brown, Karen; Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the issues related to cable systems in the U.S. Plan of cable operators to improve video dial tone; Factors affecting digital service in the cable industry; Upgrades of cable telephony stuff.
- Let them eat unique (and 'free') VOD. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the video-on-demand (VOD) services by MagRack. Development of subscription-VOD services and programming; Increase in number of programming categories; Access of Cablevision customers to VOD services.
- Executive Director's Message. Sklenar, Richard // Marquee;2004 Third Quarter, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the role of the Theater Historical Society (THS) in the celebration of the hundredth anniversary of Loew's Theaters in the U.S. in July 2004. Efforts made by employees of Loews to look into the collections of THS on Loew's Theaters; Invitation to view a memorial plaque of Marcus Loew,...
- BROADBAND WORLD: THE MONEY. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p6A
Presents data on revenues of various sectors in broadband telecommunications during 1995-2006. Basic subscription revenues in 2004 for the U.S. and Canada; Video-on-demand revenues in 2005 for the U.S.; Worldwide two-way cable modem shipments in 2006; Units of digital subscriber line modem...
- No border for broadband. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;04/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p18
Focuses on the launching of a personal computer-based broadband video-on-demand service by a Canadian telecommunication Aliant in the United States. Impact of the entry of Aliant to the media market-place in the US; Services offered by Prexar, Aliant telecommunication affiliate; Importance of...
- Cable's Tech Leaders See Big Picture. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p123
Focuses on the issues concerning video-on-demand (VOD) and set-top box strategies of the cable industry in the U.S. Characteristics of VOD networks; Problem with asset distribution; Development of equipment for broadband communication.
- BROADBAND'S COMING ATTRACTIONS. Tristram, Claire // Technology Review;Jun2001, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p70
Focuses on the increase in the popularity of broadband communication system (BCS) among entertainment companies in the United States. Future of video on demand; Limitations of BCS; Factors the affecting broadband line speeds.
- Intertainer bows on-demand content tool. // CED;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
Introduces the Demand E.S.P., a patent-pending video-on-demand (VOD) platform for broadband operators by Intertainer in Canada. Distribution of track on-demand content; Modules of the VOD content tool; Adoption of the VOD technology by Aliant Telecom.