Costa Rican School Likes Hybrid
- Saving Millions of Feet of Coax. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p104
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of re-using his old coaxial cables and notes that security systems dealers who recycle existing cables are going to supply their clients with less expensive systems and reduced labor costs.
- Reaching out for reliable results. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
Presents the SED-2100R digital video transmission device from ACTi Corp., introduced in the British security systems market in August 2004. Key features; Advantages.
- Wire Performance Characteristics. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2009, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p70
The article offers information on the attributes of the different types of cables used in the security systems industry in the U.S. Cables utilized include coaxial cable, siamese cable, UTP cable, Un-Twisted Conductor cable and FTP and STP cable. It mentions that Coaxial is efficient for short...
- Laser Optical Video Transmission System. // Elevator World;Oct2010, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p124
The article discusses the challenges in the installation of an elevator surveillance security system. It states that the installation of an elevator system which serves a 40-story hoistway can take four hours and involve three installers. After the completion of the installation, regular...
- It's Called Fishing, not Catching. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p151
The author reflects on the usage of coax technology in the security systems industry, as well as their benefits. He states that the re-use of coax allows less chance for profit failure resulting from misestimation of the work time required to pull and terminate brand new coax cables. He also...
- Security Officers Today Differ From Your Grandfather's Officers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p77
Describes the characteristics of modern security officers. Responsibilities; Pro-active management; Billing rates; Outsourcing trends.
- Focus on Verticals. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article titled "Vertical Market Leaders" and another on the corporate profiles of leaders in healthcare, retail, and property management.
- Legislation and Training Among CAA Efforts. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the California Alarm Association (CAA) sponsored the Industry Summit and keynote address at the 1999 International Security Conference. Range of industry issues and concerns discussed during the conference; Programs implemented by the CAA for the industry.
- Tough Touch MESH Installed in Las Vegas. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p28
Reports that Viscount has received orders for its flagship product, the Tough Touch version of its MESH system, to be installed at security gates in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reason for making the product attractive for vandal-prone commercial buildings and internationally targets industrial and...