France's Rouen Transit Authority Selects Networked Video
- Mass Transit Terror: Madrid & London; Is America Next? Alexander, Dean C. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the increase of the U.S. terror threat level for mass transit from Code Yellow to Code Orange after the London bombings. Reasons why mass transportation is often victimized; Implementation of increased security measures on some portions of European and American ground transportation...
- Rising star. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Presents information on the rising bollard developed for traffic areas in Great Britain. Features of the security equipment.
- Drive Away from GPS Vehicle Tracking Misconceptions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p50
The article discusses the importance of global positioning system (GPS) vehicle tracking in security operation. GPS tracking is about increasing safety and security while cutting operating costs and inefficiencies in order to grow the business. GPS tracking tracks both individuals as well as the...
- Traffic systems. // Government Security;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p46
The article features the traffic control spike systems developed by Guardian Traffic Systems. Cobra II is a manual spike system that can be installed in-ground or surface mount. Stinger is designed as an in-ground system with concealed spikes and the teeth are not exposed for the location where...
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
A quiz concerning wireless security systems is presented.
- Manage Large Card Holder Databases. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p50
The article offers brief information on Access Control's two door controller.
- Home Networking '101'. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p105
The article offers tips on installing home security system network.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/16/1976, Vol. 51 Issue 52, p120
An excerpt is presented from an article in "Fort Smith Southwest Times Record" about the problem of building a better alert system on a Monday.
- Overload and Fuzzy Alarms. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p66
Looks into the techniques used to maximize dispatch and response personnel in the security systems industry in the U.S. Utilization of filtering; Importance of automating; Advantages in prioritizing.