Portable DVRs in South American Stores
- ON THE Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p40
Features several security systems. AXIS 2120 network camera from Axis Communications; Pelco DX1000 Series Digital Video Recorder; TNC4614DN day and night color camera; S739DV fiber-optic transmission system from Fiber Options.
- Eyes with Brains. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p74
Discusses the advances in security video as of September 2005. Security cameras designed to meet anti-terrorism and military needs; Integration of cameras into elaborate computer systems linked to various offices; Limitations of the technology.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE WITH POWER. Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p59
Explores the security companies' conversion of video surveillance systems from analog to digital in the United States . Reasons for the shift towards digital cameras and digital video recordings; Factors considered by customers in purchasing cameras; Trends toward the integration of video system...
- PTZ SECURITY CAMERAS. ANKENEY, JAY // Sound & Video Contractor;Sep2008 Buyers Guide Supplement, Vol. 26, p16
The article presents the capabilities and features of pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ) cameras. These are surveillance cameras that combine analog or more commonly digital camera mounted on a motorized control with communication capabilities to a remote-monitoring site. They also have automated or...
- PUTTING THE H IN DIGITAL VIDEO. Milano, Dominic // DV: Digital Video;Mar2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
The article features the proposed transition to the HDV format in the 2006. The author states that digital video format was going to be supplanted by the HDV format. Some people think the HDV format is a transitional format at best. Others concerns that HDV is fraught with problems. He also...
- A VOTE FOR SUBSTANCE OVER STYLE. Wilt, Adam // DV: Digital Video;Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
The article focuses on the digital cinema camera unveiled by Red One at the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters show. The qualities of the camera include 254O-line variable frame-rate imaging with 11 to 15 stops of latitude, 4:4:4 output and on-camera wavelet-compressed raw recording. The...
- goldilocks and the three EXPOSURE techniques. Lam, Shawn // EventDV;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p59
The article discusses techniques to ensure proper exposure while filming using digital video cameras. It says that most video cameras are limited to a 30:1 range which allows more of the image to fall into exposure latitude range. It mentions that contrasting ratio reduction is the first step to...
- JVC EVERIO DIGITAL MEDIA CAMERA. Wicks, Maggie; Groydon, Janek // Metro (NZ);Feb2005, Issue 284, p57
The article reports on JVC Everio digital media camera. This palm-sized camcorder is quite a beauty to behold. Released just last month, it works both as a video recorder and a still camera and also takes voice recordings
- Canon meets the challenges. // TVB Europe;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article reports that as high definition video is becoming the standard, Canon Inc. is trying to develop lenses to support innovative content creation and other applications. Some of them were showcased during "NAB 2005," the annual exhibition of the National Association of Broadcasters. The...