Public Safety Via IP Video
- No stopping it now. Mathews, Brendan // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1997, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p28
Reports the stockpile stewardship program as strengthened by the signing of the Comprehensive Test Ban (CTB) against nuclear testing in United States. Effect of the program on the national security of the nation; Moves taken by US government officials regarding the program; Features and...
- Of supercomputers and national security. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;3/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 67, p3
Discusses the issue of American national security and the export of American computers to Russia. Investigation of Silicon Graphics Incorporated for supplying computers to Russia; Updating of the restrictions on the high-tech trade.
- Support for democracy and the U.S. national interest. Talbott, Strobe // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;3/18/96, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p120
Presents a speech by Deputy Secretary of State Strobe Talbott discussing support for democracy as a factor in American foreign policy and as a means of advancing the national security interest abroad. How he compare the fox to the American foreign policy in the post-Cold War era; Reason why the...
- Managing danger: Prevent, deter, defeat. Perry, William J. // Defense;1996, Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the security and defense of the United States after the end of the cold war. Task of building alliances and coalitions in the absence of a global threat; Preventive defense measures such as the Framework Agreement with North Korea; Steps taken towards the deterrence of regional conflict.
- Directive on Organization and Operation of the Homeland Security Council. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/5/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p1568
Presents the text of a directive given by United States President George W, Bush on October 29, 2001 which deals with the organization and operation of the Homeland Security Council.
- Remarks to Federal Employees on the Proposed Department of Homeland Security. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p1167
Presents the text of the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 10, 2002 which deals with the proposed Department of Homeland Security.
- Remarks at the Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High School in Little Rock, Arkansas. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/2/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p1458
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 29, 2002, which deals with the subject of homeland security.
- Directive on Management of Domestic Incidents. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p280
Presents the text of a directive issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on February 28, 2003, which deals with the management of domestic incidents.
- 9/11: Looking Ahead. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/13/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on an improvement in U.S. national security based on the final report released by the 9/11 Commission. INSET: Did You KNOW?.