Gathering the Pieces of the Puzzle
- The threat within: Keeping malicious insiders from compromising corporate assets. Passman, Pamela // InsideCounsel;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 26 Issue 282, p39
The article discusses the threats to valuable information and assets in companies. It highlights the full-scope monitoring in insider crimes and incidents due to external adversaries. It also emphasizes the significant of imposing and developing a specific company-wide integrated insider-threat...
- ERRATA. // PC Quest;Aug2014, p8
Corrections to the articles in previous issues are presented including "How Flywheel Logistics Uses IT to Drive its Transportation Business," in the May 2014 issue, "The Enterprise Security Summit 2015," and an article regarding the Stellar MI-506 Micromax phone from Spice in the July 2014 issue.
- Directors face 'cyber liability'. Cluley, Graham // Computer Weekly;1/30/2003, p36
Focuses on the impact of the computer virus attack on information technology (IT) industry in Great Britain. Damage caused to the mailing system of companies; Issues concerning the legal aspects of spreading the virus; Steps taken by companies to get insurance against IT security breaches;...
- Spending expected to rise for security, disaster recovery. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p17
Focuses on the attitude of companies towards security spending in the United States for 2002. Increase in technology purchase for network security, disaster recovery and software backup; Efforts of businesses to secure its data; Growth in sales for the information technology industry.
- Smaller firms demand more from Bush plan. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;9/30/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p1
Reports the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to a growing number of small and midsized businesses (SME) to adopt similar security precautions in the U.S. Demands of SMEs to the security plan of Bush; Lack of enforcement mechanism in the information technology security strategy; Advantages...
- Risky Business: IT and Access Control. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the findings of the 2011 survey through Fox Technologies and Echelon One that reveals the role of outdated and unregulated information technology (IT) systems in exposing organizations' security at risk.
- Three IT must-haves to keep a small business running smoothly. Abram, Bill // Westchester County Business Journal;9/17/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 38, p18
The article reports on the need to consider three key components of small business information technology (IT) such as disaster recovery, security, and policies.
- Problems of information security of the firm (manufacture) and a way of their decision. Aleshnikov, Sergey; Demin, Sergey; Fedorov, Sergey; Fjodorov, Alexandr // Vestnik IKBFU;2013, Issue 10, p147
Problems of information security of the firm (manufacture) are considered. Their decision assumes studying of forms, ways and methods of revealing and the danger prevention in information sphere, and also the optimal control of system of maintenance of information security and a rational choice...
- Getting IT Right. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Discusses the collaboration between security and information technology (IT) executives. Purchasing of software and hardware; Mission to secure an organization's computer and information assets; Security directors' responsibility for information protection and traditional physical security;...