Cross-Functionality for Remote Businesses
- Retail security systems move beyond security. // National Petroleum News;Aug2000, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on retail security systems used by convenience stores in the United States. Installation of video surveillance cameras; Overview on changes within the retail security industry; Details Regarding the evolution of retail security systems used by convenience stores.
- All Shoplifting Is Local. // Chain Store Age;Apr2006, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p17
This article highlights the case of Claude A. Allen, a former domestic policy adviser of U.S. President George W. Bush, who was arrested for shoplifting. The shoplifting style of Allen involves buying a product and taking it home; then going back to the store with the receipt; grabbing the same...
- C-stores play catch-up. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1995, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p88
Discusses the use of information technology by selected American convenience stores. Wawa; Sheetz; Holiday Cos.; Cumberland Farms.
- NACS.tech highlights need for C-store technology. // Chain Store Age;Jun97, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p39
States that automation is necessary for convenience stores. How convenience stores lag other retail segments in the integration of technology; Importance of maintaining a basic electronic price book according to manager of retail automation, Ron Sissel; Results of the food service automation of...
- No more surly clerks. // Earth Island Journal;Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the use of robots at convenience store Robot Shop in Tokyo, Japan to deliver items selected by buyers.
- C-stores to automate, integrate in near future. // National Petroleum News;Jul98, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the plans of convenience stores to automate their on-site information systems according to study findings from Retail Systems Group LLC. Impact of the trend on the growth of automation businesses; Trend fueled by standardization efforts and the rising popularity of the Microsoft NT...
- Backoffice software becoming industry norm. Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Nov95, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p41
Focuses on the increase in the number of computers in convenience stores in the United States. Statistics; Benefits to store operators; Importance of software selection; Comments from industry executives. INSET: Ten steps to making sound software decisions..
- Marketers scrutinize scanning hype; investigate real costs, real benefits. Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Feb97, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p22
Investigates the costs and benefits of convenience store automation. Generalizations from scanning reports of automated companies; Beliefs of the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) members concerning the issue; Benefits of scanning; Common problems discouraging companies from...
- Web sites, communications lead tech trends. Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Jun97, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the trends laid out at the technical conference sponsored by the National Association of Convenience Stores in Dallas, Texas. Trend of shifting nature of point-of-sale (POS); Purposes and benefits of Web sites in convenience stores in United States; Concerns on how to manage data and...