Finally, a Chemical Reaction
- PLANT SAFETY BATTLE IS JOINED IN SENATE. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the legislation offered by U.S. Senators Barak Obama and Frank Lautenber in 2006 as an alternative to a less prescriptive chemical plant security bill introduced by Senators Susan Collins and Joseph Lieberman. It presents the requirements for chemical companies to ensure...
- Safety in chemical industry's numbers. // Logistics Today;Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the approach to safety by manufacturers in the chemical industry. Completion of vulnerability assessments on all the the facilities of the member companies of the American Chemistry Council (ACC); Requirement of the mandatory Responsible Care Security Code for ACC companies.
- It's not about the handrails! Hackitt, Judith // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2011, Issue 839, p3
The article explores why all chemical industry sectors should put more emphasis on process safety. The author points that leadership will play a critical role on process safety. Companies should take a look at process safety because they could be running facilities that were owned and designed...
- Safety first. Duckett, Adam // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2015, Issue 889/890, p32
The article offers insights from process safety expert Rod Prior on how chemical firms in South Africa can improve process safety. Topics discussed include the major improvement observed in South African companies in terms of process safety knowledge since 2004, information on the country's...
- Partners Put Their Spin on Responsible Care. Fuller, John; Nielsen, Karol; Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p81
Discusses the move of the partners of Responsible Care environmental, health, and safety program of the American Chemistry Council to broaden its reach as more chemical firms modify the initiative to suit their needs. Details on several partners of the program; Challenges faced by the program;...
- Taking a risk? Get a life-jacket. Curtis, Ian // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2011, Issue 843, p33
The article discusses the safety issues involved in the operation of chemical and petrochemical plants, as well as oil refineries. It cites the use of safety instrumented systems (SIS) in such high hazard process industry sectors. It presents the implementation of improved workplace and human...
- ACC Supports Bill to Secure Chemical Facilities. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the support of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for federal chemical security legislation in the U.S. Claim of member companies that more work are needed to protect the nation's chemical sector; Demand of the industry to enact security-focused legislation that would establish a...
- Responsible Care. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;7/6/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 18, p3
An introduction to the periodical is presented in which the editor discusses the Responsible Care program by the American Chemistry Council (ACC).
- Pressure safety analysis for refineries and petrochemical plants*. Saraiyar, D.V. // Chemical Business;June99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p35
Focuses on pressure safety analysis (PSA) for refineries and petrochemical plants. Types of chemical accidents; Identification of over pressure and under pressure cause for PSA analysis; Allowable overpressures and underpressures; Calculation of relief loads.