Business Security: Rolling the Dice
- Do homework prior to DVR purchase, expert stresses. Colby, Chuck // International Gaming & Wagering;Oct2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p25
The article focuses on the rapid increase in the adoption of digital video recorders (DVR) by casino surveillance managers and directors in recording casino activities. The increase is attributed to the shortcomings of video cassette recording-based surveillance systems such as the mechanical...
- Keeping a Closer Eye on the Store. Hodl, James J. // Casino Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the significance of the surveillance technologies in maintaining security within the casino in the U.S. The greatest trend in most casinos is the move from analog to digital technology. Digital systems are said to be effective in capturing detailed events, including...
- Visimetrics at Portomaso. // Casino International;Sep2008, p52
The article reports that security systems manufacturer Visimetrics will install its digital video tape recorder-based electronic surveillance system at the Portomaso casino. Portomaso is the largest casino on Malta. The system's hardware and software are described.
- Working with a systems integrator from start to finish. Freschi, Cynthia // International Gaming & Wagering;Oct2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p30
The article focuses on the importance of working with a security systems integrator in upgrading or implementing a casino security environment with the highest level of efficiency. It discusses several indicators that measure the competence of a systems integrator such as his focus on planning...
- WINNING WYNN. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the success of Cynthia Freschi, president of North American Video (NAV) company, in getting a deal with Wynn company. Information on the security systems installed by NAV at Wynn Las Vegas; Completion of the project; Process of the installation.
- Observation DECK. // Casino Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p52
The article presents several case studies of security and surveillance strategies for casinos. Hollywood Casino Aurora in Illinois has used an integrated solution from Synectics to upgrade its surveillance system. The impact of the upgrade on customer experience and on the casino's crime...
- Internet and digital technologies spur surveillance evolution. Marlin, Steve // International Gaming & Wagering;Sep2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p30
The article focuses on the increasing use of digital surveillance by gaming operators as digital technology continues to pervade casinos and their surrounding properties. It notes that the benefits of the use of digital systems to the gaming industry far outweigh the costs. Also discussed are...
- Dallmeier at Casino St Moritz. // Casino International;Jan2009, p74
The article focuses on the electronic surveillance and security system installed by the firm Dallmeier at Casino St. Moritz in St. Moritz, Switzerland. The problems of installing up-to-date equipment in a facility many years old are described. Information on video cameras and other equipment...
- Biloxi's IP selects iView. // Casino International;Dec2008, p57
The article reports that the Imperial Palace Resort & Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi has installed a security system manufactured by iTrak. The system provides video surveillance of all casino facilities and software for operating security personnel management.