20 YEARS AGO
- Development is driven by ambition. Petrossian, Vahe // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p30
Focuses on the fast pace at which the National Petrochemical Co. of Iran and its subsidiaries have been awarding contracts to foreign firms since the middle of 2000. Types and values of the contracts; Background on the contract earned by German company Linde AG; Profit growth posted by the...
- Mega-merger decision soon. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p7
Reports that a decision will be announced in June 2004 regarding a merger of Thailand's National Petrochemical Co., Thai Olefins Co. and Aromatics Thailand Co. Alternative to a merger of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand PLC subsidiaries; Purpose of a memorandum of understanding signed...
- Iran's NPC Plans More JV's and Acquisitions. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/18/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the joint venture and acquisition plans of National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) of Iran as of May 18, 2005. Agreement signed by NPC with Gail to jointly study separate olefins, methanol and methanol-to-propylene complexes in Iran and India; Joint venture planned by the company with Gas...
- PETROCHEMICALS. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/13/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p14
Reports that the National Petrochemical Co. will announce by mid-October 2000 the winning bid for construction of a urea granulation plant at the Razi petrochemicals complex in Iran.
- NPC plans ethylene loop for Iranian feedstock. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p23
Reports on the plan of the National Petrochemical Co. to build a pipeline to supply ethylene feedstocks to proposed petrochemical complexes in Iran. Preparation of the bids document for the project; Coverage of the project.
- At a standstill. McDowall, Angus // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p44
The article discusses issues associated with the petrochemicals industry in Iran. Before, petrochemicals was probably the most active industrial sector in the Iranian economy, with plenty of major projects being tendered and awarded. Now, even those contracts that have been signed are in peril....
- Deadlines set for olefins 9 project in Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/28/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p13
Reports on the deadline for three European firms to submit final bids for two main elements of an olefins project in Iran. Expected submissions by July and August 2000; Firms shortlisted by the National Petrochemical Co. of Iran; ABB Lumus Global of Hague, Linde of Germany, and Technip of France.
- 10th olefins project is next for Iran's NPC. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the impending bidding schedule for the tenth olefins project of the National Petrochemical Co. in Iran. Extension of bidding for the ninth olefins project; Estimate of the production at the site.
- IN THIS WEEK. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p58
The article offers news related to the petrochemical industry in June 17, 1991 and 1996. Akzo and DSM are involved in an asset wrap negotiation. The proposed merger between Thailand's National Petrochemical Co. and Thai Olefin Co. is likely to be implemented in 1997.