Trade thins as demand falters
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p14
Presents news briefs on petrochemical-related issues in the United States. Benzene contract price nominated by BP Amoco company for April 1999; Contract price of ethylene for March 1999; Factors that help strengthen the price of methanol.
- Petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p18
Presents news and developments pertaining to the petrochemicals industry in the U.S. compiled as of November 2003. Spot price increases for benzene contracts; Proposals for price increase for ethylene; Agreement among buyers and sellers to increase orthoxylene contracts.
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p14
Presents news briefs on petrochemicals industry in the United States as of March 1, 1999. Spot benzene prices; Decline in butadiene stocks; Information on ethylene contracts.
- PETROCHEMICALS: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p12
Presents news briefs on petrochemical-related issues in the United States. May contract price of benzene; Ethylene inventories for the first quarter of 1999.
- Naphtha Is in Short Supply. Xuesong, Bai // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information related to the increasing demand for naphtha, one of the important oil products in China. In China, naphtha is mainly used to produce refining and chemical integrated complexes, such as ethylene and aromatics. As per statistics, the output of chemical light oil...
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/11/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the status of the global petrochemical market as of August 2003. Rate of increase in benzene prices; Disclosure on the contract price for ethylene.
- Benzene boosting options abound. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;6/20/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 25, p45
Reports that a number of benzene producers have looked into expanding or debottlenecking existing capacities to take advantage of the prices. Consideration of routes for producing benzene that are based on naphtha reforming and paraxylene production; Decision of UOP LLC to lower the initial...
- asia ethylene hikelooks likely in 2014. Yeow Pei Lin // ICIS Chemical Business;1/27/2104, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the likelihood of higher ethylene prices in Asia in 2014. Topics addressed include an expected heavy turnaround schedule in Japan in the first half of the year, reduced production in China, and lower South Korean export volumes. Also mentioned are the shutdown of naphtha...
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p7
Presents news briefs on the petroleum chemicals industry in the U.S. as of February 18, 2002. Prices of benzene sold by BTX; Reduction in the price of ethylene in January 2002; Expected increase in the price of phenol.