- Showa Denko Unveils Novel Intermediate Catalyst. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;9/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 30, p31
Reports on a solid-acid catalyst for the synthesis of alpha-tetralone developed by Japanese chemical company Showa Denko in 2004. Comparison between the catalyst and the existing technology for the production of alpha-tetralone; Number of working groups established by Showa Denko to accelerate...
- R&D ASIA. // R&D Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p20
The article presents news briefs related to research and development in Asia. One of Japan's leading magnetic storage companies, Showa Denko KK has opened a new R&D facility in Ichihara City, Chiba Prefecture to promote the next-generation of computer hard disk media with increased storage...
- Showa Denko K.K. SWOT Analysis. // Showa Denko K.K. SWOT Analysis;12/31/2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of Showa Denko K.K. is presented.
- Showa Denko K.K. SWOT Analysis. // Showa Denko K.K. SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p1
This article profiles Japanese chemical firm Showa Denko KK. Showa Denko operates in five major sectors--petrochemicals, chemicals, electronics, inorganic materials, and aluminum. It operates mainly in Japan and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company recorded revenues of approximately...
- Showa delays China EA plant study. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 429, p24
Discusses the reasons for the delay of a study on building an ethyl acetate plant in China conducted by Showa Denko. Time needed to evaluate other projects; Impact of ongoing negotiations with local partners on the project.
- Showa Denko and Asahi form polyethylene alliance.... Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;7/28/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p13
Reports on Showa Denko and Asahi Chemical's formation of a strategic alliance in their respective polyolefins businesses. Link-up in the polystyrene sector; Coverage of the alliance; Plan of a combined production and distribution system; Benefits from grade rationalization.
- News projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p20
Reports some brief news on chemical industries around the world. Production of naptha cracker by Showa Denko; Construction of polyester complex by Tongkook Group in Seoul, Korea and Mitsubishi Corp; Revision of the plan for petrochemical complex construction by Poland; Plans of Petrofina in...
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/4/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p3
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 4, 2002. Acquisition of Cabot Corp. on the remaining share in Showa Cabot Supermetals KK from Showa Denko KK; Acquisition of the catalyst manufacturing assets of Borealis A/S by Grace Catalyst AB; Shutdown of the polyethylene line of...
- Asia-Pacific Report. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/04/99, Vol. 256 Issue 14, p21
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the Asia-Pacific Region as of October 4, 1999. Information on the electronics and other value-added businesses of Showa Denko KK; Construction of a polycarbonate plant by LG Dow Polycarbonate Ltd. in South Korea's Yochon Petrochemical Industrial...