Trio invest in capital fund
- BASF to buy Ciba's U.S. business. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;7/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 28, p30
Offers a look on the plans of BASF company to acquire the United States chelates business of Ciba Specialty Chemicals company. Conditions of the agreement.
- Managing Specialties. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;6/22/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 17, p24
The article deals with the condition of the specialty chemicals sector as of June 2009 in light of the global financial crisis. Specialty chemical makers continue to invest in research and development (R&D) and technology. It notes the forecast of SRI Consulting that specialty chemicals revenue...
- Ciba Relocates Production. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p3
Reveals the amount that Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. will invest to relocate the production of two photoinitiators and their intermediates from Ciba's damaged Schweizerhall site to its Klybeck site in Basel, Switzerland.
- WORLD SCENE. // Chemical Business;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p53
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of October 2001. Revenue returns of Ciba Specialty Chemicals; Market condition of Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Profit target of BASF AG by 2000 to 2002.
- BASF shifts strategy. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;12/12/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on German chemical company BASF SE, which is shifting from making classical chemicals to functional materials and solutions. BASF recently acquired Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. and Cognis GmbH with the purpose of gaining deeper access to some of the more specialized,...
- BASF's Shift to Specialties Continues with Bid for Ciba. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the plan of BASF to acquire Ciba Specialty Chemicals. BASF and Ciba Specialty Chemicals have signed a transaction agreement in relation to the proposed merger. The offer of BASF corresponds to a premium of 32 percent over Ciba's closing share price on September 12, 2008....
- Who's up next? Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the acquisition of Switzerland-based Ciba company by BASF AG. It states that the takeover will ensure to accelerate the pace of consolidation of companies in the European chemical industry. Moreover, it notes that the deal between Ciba and BASF faces opposition from hedge...
- BASF SAYS IT WILL BEAT ESTIMATES. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/12/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 25, p6
The article reports that BASF will reveal its earnings results for the third quarter of 2009 on October 29. The results beat the estimates of 914 million Euros third quarter preliminary Ebit before special items. According to the company, the integration of Ciba Specialty Chemicals is proceeding...
- DIGEST. Hunter, David; Schmitt, Bill; Morrison, Scott // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p36
Presents news briefs on the specialty chemicals industry as of March 6, 2002. Information on the agreement between Ciba Specialty Chemicals and DuPont; Amount which will be spent by BASF to upgrade its technical center in Ludwigshafen, Germany; Primary business of ChemFirst Electronic Materials.