Climate change is a concern for CEOs
- Give 'Em Credit. Prince, C. J. // Entrepreneur;Apr2004, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p59
"North America runs on credit, so it's a disadvantage if a business doesn't offer some form of it,' says Frances McGuckin, CEO of SmallBizpro.com in Langley, British Columbia and the author of "Big Ideas for Growing Your Small Business: How to Build Profits and Manage Growth." And yet, in tough...
- BRIEFS. // BRW;3/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p55
The article offers news briefs in Australia. Small and medium enterprises states that the $2.7 billion worth of tax breaks given as part of the stimulus packages would not aid them solve the recession. Michael Carmody was appointed as chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Institute of...
- The Fine Art of Dealing with CEOs. Limpert Jr., John // Business Horizons;May/Jun85, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p41
Provides tips in dealing with chief executive officer (CEO) for business transactions in the United States. Discussion on the common traits of CEO; Impact of apprehension on personal impression; Importance of knowing operational attitude of CEO.
- CEOs: Early Signs of a Business Career. Boone, Louise E.; Kurtz, David L.; Fleenor, C. Patrick // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20
Can individuals who possess the ability, drive, and perseverance needed to reach the top of the corporate hierarchy be identified at an early age? We conducted a comprehensive analysis of factors that may have influenced the careers of chief executive officers of the nation's 800 largest...
- What makes a winning CEO? Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;08/18/97, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p92
Focuses on the chief executive officers (CEOs) of American companies that made it to the list of the 100 Best-Managed Companies of `Industry Week' periodical. Diversity in family backgrounds of CEOs; Educational backgrounds of winning CEOs such as Microsoft's Bill Gates and Oracle Corp.'s ...
- The stuff of leadership. // Industry Week/IW;08/18/97, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p100
Discusses the similarities in the leadership styles of chief executives officers (CEO) of the 100-Best Managed Companies, an annual listing compiled by `Industry Week' periodical. Emphasis top leaders put on developing other leaders; Initiative by General Electric Jack Welsh in teaching a...
- Correction. // EHS Today;Jan2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
A correction to the article "America's Safest Companies" that was published in the November 2011 issue is presented.
- The challenge of change. Marino, Sal F. // Industry Week/IW;01/19/98, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p26
Discusses how chief executives officers (CEOs) of companies in the United States deal with the challenges in the future. Sociological and psychological problems offered by the future generation; How the challenge of change will make great demands on CEOs; Challenges that will be faced by CEOs;...
- Slump pushes boards to ax stumbling CEOs. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p6
Focuses on the performance of public companies' chief executive officers (CEO) in the United States. Replacement of Thomas B. Clark as CEO in Alltrista Corp.; Reflection of trend on investor activism; Similarities of business outcomes on Hurco Cos. and Union Acceptance.