- HSBC in Bid to Acquire Neste Chemicals? Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p21
Reports that venture capital group HSBC Private Equity's acquisition of Neste Chemicals from energy group is near conclusion. List of bidders; Sales of Neste Chemicals in 1998.
- Kemira to Buy Neste Division. Silmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/12/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p8
Reports the acquisition of the paper chemicals business of Neste Chemicals company by Kemira company. Details on the acquisition agreement; Brief information on both firms.
- Economic Downturn Claims More Online Firms. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on the status and performance of chemical industry-related online firms in 2001. Forecast on the continued growth of merger and acquisition activities among chemical industry-related online firms in 2002; Information on some of the major consolidations and merger activities in the...
- Three's company. Robinson, Simon; Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;10/4/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2118, p24
Provides information on the planned merger of chemical companies Kemira, Dynea and Sydsvenska Kemi in the Nordic countries in 2004. Goal of the new business unit according to Michael Rosenlew, head of Industri Kapital's eastern region; Amount to be received by the Finnish government in the...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;6/7/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p25
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in Asia and the Pacific Area. Merger of Polyplastics and Teijin; Plan of Mitsui Chemicals to transfer its phthalic anhydride resale business to Nippon Steel Chemical; Name change of Asahi Chemical Industry; Acetone plant to be closed by...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p26
Presents news briefs on the acquisition and mergers in the chemical industry in Asia as of December 6, 2000. Agreement of Mitsubishi Chemical and Sanyo Chemical to merge their superabsorbent business into a joint venture; Increase in Kemira's stake in Kemwater Co.; Details on the feasibility...
- Specialies. // Chemical Week;7/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p28
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues as of July 1999. Alternatives reviewed by Cytec for its stake in refining and petrochemical catalyst maker Criterion Catalyts; Acquisition of Mitsubishi Chemical's butyl acrylate by Nippon Kasei Chemical; Resignation of Terry Yung as chairman and...
- Japanese Firms Agree on Polyolefins Restructuring. // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p6
Announces the final restructuring agreement reached by several chemical companies in Japan. Mitsubishi Chemical and Tonen; Japan Polychem and Japan Polyolefins; Mitsubishi Shoji Plastics and Japan Polyethylene.
- Tikkurila completed the acquisition of the operations of Zorka Color. // Chemical Business;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p71
The article reports on the completion by Tikkurila of its acquisition of the business operations of Serbian paint company Zorka Color.