Extension master plan opposed
- Tons of Pier Repairs Piling Up Becomes $640K Job. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the maintenance work of a local pier in Imperial Beach, California. It states that the Port of San Diego is spending 640,000 dollars for the maintenance work, which features the replacement of three 60-foot piles. The port announced that it will be closing the pier from...
- WANTED: CRANE OPERATOR AT BEIRUT PORT. // Middle East Business Intelligence;1/20/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
Reports that Beirut Port Authority is expected to issue in May 2003 a tender to operate cranes to be delivered in early 2004 to the Beirut Port container terminal in Lebanon. Capacity of the cranes; Appointment of Cornell, a U.S.-based consultant, to prepare tender documents to bring in an...
- Plaquemines wants port revenue. Bonura // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana Council Regional Chamber of Commerce's support for the construction of the Millennium Port at the Port of New Orleans. Need for the merging of port authorities involved in the issue; Estimate on the potential revenues from the Millennium Port;...
- Spotlight on Ports: Facing Infrastructure Challenges. Harrington, Lisa H. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p34
Examines the state of the North American port community with respect to funding and infrastructure. How carriers respond to increasing global pressures; Requirements of running an ocean port; Rundown of some of the port infrastructure improvement projects.
- Philippines ports rethink. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the Philippines Port Authority's review of its ports development plan. Possible termination of the modernization program; Impact of depreciation on the cost of port infrastructural works; Loan package from Japan's Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund.
- Big Is Getting Bigger. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May2003, p10
Reports on plans by the Dubai Ports Authority (DPA) to undertake a four-phase development project at Jebel Ali port in response to the growth that the port authority experienced in 2001 and 2002. Volume of cargo handled by DPA in 2002; Number of berths that Jebel Ali will have after completion...
- In celebration of water commerce. Burton, Terri; Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the pre-centennial anniversary celebrations of the Port of New Orleans. American Association of Port Authorities convention at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center; Dinner honoring current and past port commissioners in the Plimsoll Club at the top of the World Trade Center;...
- Auto traffic boom at San Diego. // Traffic World;09/15/97, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p22A
Reports that the Port of San Diego has achieved a significant increase in vehicle import volumes. Projection of 50 percent growth in business in 1997.
- Change of scenery. Plume, Janet // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/20/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p26
Reports on the efforts of port authorities to redevelop wharves at the port of New Orleans in Louisiana. Decision of the port board to issue bonds due to its failure to obtain state funding for the project; Components of the project; Development of cargo facilities at the port; Efforts of the...