China's demand for PU feedstock rising
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the recent developments in the chemical industry around the globe which include the drop in prices of European acrylonitrile (ACN), the reducing price of the Asian toluene diisocyanate (TDI) contracts, and the constant price of the U.S. mono propylene...
- Strong demand buoys TDI business. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/97, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p4
Assesses conditions in the toluene diisocyanate market as a result of increased demand and unexpected outages at major producers in the United States. Factors eroding gains in the market; Peak period for the market; Exports to Asia; Production problems of various companies.
- Latin American TDI awaits relief. COIFMAN, RON // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p19
The article considers supplies of toluene di-isocyanate in the chemical industry in Latin America.
- dates & prices. // Urethanes Technology;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p40
Presents a graphical representation of the prices of polyurethane raw materials from 2004 to 2005. Pure methylene diphenylene diisocyanate; Toluenediisocyanate; Crude methylene diphenylene diisocyanate.
- Polyurethanes Grow Strongly in '04 but Face Feedstock Pressure. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;10/18/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that the demand for polyurethane and its precursors is robust and has grown much more rapidly than producers anticipated. However, high energy and feedstock costs have undercut margins, forcing producers to raise prices significantly for methylene diphenyl isocyanate, toluene...
- PRODUCTION RATES MAY NEED TO BE CHANGED. Roache, Carl; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 65, p29
The article reports on the potential impact of rising feedstock costs on conventional flexible polyol suppliers in Europe. Market feedback suggests further increases during the second quarter of 2007 and cannot be ruled out as base rigid sucrose polyols contract prices increased. The high prices...
- China's isocyanate makers expand. Zhizhuan, Dong; Wanhua, Yantai; Rongxin, Cai // Urethanes Technology;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the growth of China's isocyanate industry as of June 2002. Importation of more advanced isocyanate technology in the period 1980-1990; Development of independent isocyanates from the mid-1990s to early 2000; Forecast on the growth of demand for toluene diisocyanate in the next decade.
- Start-up of Integrated Isocyanates Complex in Shanghai. // China Chemical Reporter;8/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the inauguration of the integrated isocyanates complex at Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China. The project has a total capital expenditure of $1 billion and was completed in mid 2006. The complex has a capacity of 240,000 tons per annum crude...
- PU suppliers disparage material classification. White, Liz // Plastics News;7/19/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p29
Reports on the reaction of polyurethane suppliers to a European Union (EU) directive that classifies toluene diisocyanate and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate as dangerous substances. Complaints that EU has made a mistake in the classification of the chemicals.