Benzene contracts take plunge
- China benzene to enjoy gains, but minimal ones. LIU, VIVIAN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p17
The article reports that the prices of benzene are expected to rise in China in November 2010, while the gains may remain minimal.
- Benzene Derivatives Scramble to Catch Up. // Chemical Week;8/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 25, p21
Reports on the action taken by producers of benzene derivatives regarding increases in benzene prices in 2004. Range of benzene prices; Increase in styrene prices in August; Price increase sought by phenol-acetone producers.
- Europe Feb benzene confirmed at â‚¬1,055/tonne. Mellor, Truong // ICIS Chemical Business;
The article reports on the increase in the European benzene price settlement for February 2014 due to spot market gains over the course of January 2014.
- Styrene Producers Struggle With Benzene Costs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;7/5/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the increase in the spot benzene prices in the U.S. Efforts of styrene producers to deal with the price increase; Role of plant outages in Europe in the increase; Stability of demand for the product.
- Europe benzene settles up. Mellor, Truong // ICIS Chemical Business;12/9/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 19, p14
The article reports on the increase in the December 2013 European benzene contract. The increase in pricing was influenced by tightness on feedstock availability despite slower demand among key derivative markets. The availability of feedstock pyrolysis gasoline (pygas) is expected to improve...
- European Benzene Shifts to Monthly Contracts. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 13, p31
Reports on the shift of European benzene contracts from quarterly to monthly settlements in April 2004. Reason for chemical producers' move to monthly contracts; Increase in the volatility of benzene prices; Decline in the demand for benzene.
- Styrene Producers Seek Hikes. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/23/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 26, p38
Deals with the price increases sought by styrene producers for their July 2003 contracts. Increase in June styrene contracts; Decline in July benzene contracts; Potential for benzene contracts to increase in August.
- Benzene in a bind with prices volatile. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 517, p24
The article reports on market prices for benzene in Asia in December 2005. According to most traders, prices were set to recover only after the Lunar New Year holidays in late January. Most buyers were in no mood to conduct transactions, as crude had begun to slip. The peak buying season for the...
- Benzene Prices Firm On Likely Styrene Rebound. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/21/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the continuous increase in the prices of benzene in the U.S. Supply and demand expectations; Factors that contributed to the increase.