BPA on road to recovery
- Buyers accept BPA settlement hikes. Finch, Heidi; Roache, Carl; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p31
The article reports that buyers conceded to the recent European bisphenol A (BPA) settlement hikes due to the limited availability and the strong pull on supply from Asia. Buyers argued though that the increases are not justified in view of the February 2007 benzene settlement, which was down by...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, p20
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry. European bisphenol A (BPA) March 2012 freely negotiated contract prices increased by 70 euros/tonne on feedstocks. U.S. acrylonitrile (ACN) February 2012 domestic delivered contract prices increased by an average of 2.9 cents/lb....
- European Majors Seek to Restructure Pricing, Face Resistance Downstream. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;3/31/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on the plans of chemicals and bulk polymers producers to introduce short pricing contracts in Europe. Effects of the contract on price stability; Efforts of the companies to address problems with raw material costs; Reaction of chemical processors and suppliers to the move of the...
- Epoxy resins coverage gets set for May launch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p36
The article reports on the launch of the North America epoxy resins price report by global chemical market intelligence service ICIS Pricing on May 1, 2007. The report complements existing epoxy resins reports in Asia and Europe. It includes quotes for domestic prices for liquid epoxy resins...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;7/2/2003-7/9/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p45
Presents a tabular representation of spot prices and contracts of various chemicals in the U.S. and Europe as of July 2, 2003.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;12/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 48, p33
Discusses contracts and prices in chemical industry. Styrene contracts in November 1998; Nova Chemicals' implementation of a polystyrene price increase; View of ethylene glycol (EG) producers on the plunge in the 1999 first quarter contract price for ethylene.
- Global PX price parity hard to achieve. // European Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2061, p12
Reports on an increase in paraxylene contracts as of July 2003. Effect of the increase on European purchasers; Factor that players had cited as an argument for the monthly contract pricing initiative; Complaint of European derivative producers on the contracts.
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p25
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry, which include a report on high levels of bisphenol-A (BPA) in canned goods and chemical content of brand-name perfumes and colognes.
- CNG Fuel. // Chemical Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Bisphenol A, a multifaceted chemical with multifarious uses in the chemical industry.