- Styrene Curtailments Drive Up Prices, Hurt PS Supply. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;10/12/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 33, p36
This article reports the increase of styrene prices as of October 12, 2005. A string of outages and production cut-backs at styrene plants on the U.S. Gulf Coast resulting from Hurricane Rita has driven up styrene spot prices and forced several producers to declare force majeure on styrenics....
- Benzene Derivatives Scramble to Catch Up. // Chemical Week;8/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 25, p21
Reports on the action taken by producers of benzene derivatives regarding increases in benzene prices in 2004. Range of benzene prices; Increase in styrene prices in August; Price increase sought by phenol-acetone producers.
- BASF: higher BDO prices. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p284
The article reports on the increase in the prices of chemical company BASF AG's 1,4-butanediol and its derivatives in Europe in September 2006. The prices for tetrahydrofuran and polytetrahydrofuran are provided. Higher energy, raw materials and logistics costs need to be addressed so that the...
- BASF Increases Price for PolyTHF in Asia Pacific. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that BASF is increasing the price for its PolyTHF, or polytetrahydrofuran, product by $200 per ton in the Asia Pacific region in 2006.
- 2-EH producers target rollover despite propylene decrease. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2154, p12
Focuses on the outlook of European ethylhexanol (2-EH) producers on domestic contract prices of 2-EH in the third quarter of 2005. Reason for the failure to achieve price increases in the first and second quarters of 2005; Impact of the decision of Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG to close...
- IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p43
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 2007. BASF has finished the expansion of its Hexamoll Dinch plasticizer plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Prayon is planning to raise purified phosphoric acid and phosphate salts prices by $162 per metric ton starting July 1. The...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/23/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 18, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. BASF says it opened a S$4-million organic electronics research and development (R&D) center in Singapore. Several resin and gelcoat suppliers to the composites industry have announced price increases, citing recent cost hikes in...
- BDO plans trouble buyers. Cox, Edward; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p42
The article reports on the decision of chemical company BASF to increase butanediol (BDO) contract prices in Europe. The price increase was blamed on high energy, raw material and logistic costs. Concerns have been reported from derivative polyurethanes and polybutylene terephthalate purchasers....
- BASF: higher prices for caprolactam and PA 6 polymers. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p94
Reports that Ludwigshafen, Germany-based BASF AG has increased prices for caprolactam and for polyamide 6 spinning grades.