Turkey's plans gather pace
- Petroleum Sector Stays a Crude Business. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p41
Offers a look at the refinery and petrochemical catalyst business in the United States for 2000. Brief review of the industry's activity for 1999; How catalyst companies have responded to refinery margin pressure and the outsourcing demands of the customers; Comments from James Martin, group...
- China limits petrochemical, refining expansions. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
States that China is setting limits on petrochemical plant and oil refinery building for the remaining years of the 20th century. Details on this limitation set by China.
- Delays or Cancellations May Emerge in Saudi Petrochemicals Projects. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/13/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p6
Reports on a possible delay in the construction of petrochemical complexes in Saudi Arabia due to difficulties in the negotiations between Saudi Arabia and Western oil companies, as of May 2002. Background on the problems in the negotiations related to petrochemical projects in Saudi Arabia;...
- ROMANIA. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p15
Reports that the State Ownership Fund of Bucharest, Romania, has put its stake in Petromidia back up for sale in 2000. Deadline for submission of bids; Capacity of the oil refinery and petrochemical complex of Petromidia; Reasons for the collapse of the sale of the stake to Akmaya Samsi ve Ticaret.
- Egypt looks at building $9bn integrated refinery. CRISP, WIL // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the Investment Ministry of Egypt considers constructing a $9 billion (bn) refinery with an integrated petrochemicals facility in Cairo under the scheme Egyptian Petro-refinery Project.
- Investment in refineries boon or bane? // Chemical Business;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
Comments on the revival of investments in grass root refineries in India. Concerns on the future profitability of grass root refineries; Additions to refining capacity in India; Growth in various sectors of the chemical industry in the year 2005 to 2006.
- FEEDSTOCKS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p25
The article offers news briefs related to petrochemical industry including the construction work on SOCAR & Turcas Energy's refinery in Turkey, refiner Engen's plan to build pipelines at its Durban refinery in South Africa, and the diversification of gas supplies by Zaklady Chemiczne Police (ZChP).
- Oil and chemicals need to function as one industry. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/06/97, Vol. 252 Issue 14, p7
Reports on Exxon Corp. senior vice president and director Robert Wilhelm's call on the petrochemical and refining sectors to work more closely together to deal with declining profitability and achieve cost savings in the face of overcapacity. Upgrade of products and use of research cooperation...
- Prequals in for Rabigh IWSPP captive power. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p23
Reports on the submission of applications for prequalification for the captive independent water, steam and power project to serve the integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia. Estimated project cost; Companies that are interested in the project; Joint sponsors of...