M&A and the environment
- Restructuring in the chemical industry. // Chemical Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on restructuring in the chemical industry. Impacts of restructuring activities on chemical companies; Pace of mergers and acquisitions in the United States and Europe; Effects on smaller companies.
- SNPE mulls Rhodia link in post-explosion refocus. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p8
Focuses on the search of SNPE, the French state-owned chemicals and industrial group, for a merger or alliance as of March 23, 2003. Comments from communications vive president Bernard Roussell; Implication of the merger; Information on the restructuring efforts of the company.
- Chemical Mergers and Acquisitions Activity Heats Up as Financial Buyers Converge on Sector. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;2/23/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 8, pFR 2
Examines the merger and acquisition activity in the chemical industry. Estimated value of the deals completed in 2003; Robust volume of deal activity; Return of deals amounting to $1 billion; Financial buyer activity in the market.
- M&A Stays Healthy, but Pace Should Ease. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p9
The article presents an update on merger & acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry during the first nine months of 2005. The year 2005 has been dominated by basic chemical deals, according to Peter Young of investment banking firm Young & Partners. Such deals, mostly concentrated in...
- M&A Maintains Strong Pace. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p23
The article looks at merger and acquisition activity in the chemical sector in 2007. According to Telly Zachariades, senior managing director at Bear Stearns, sellers will try to divest properties at above-average prices, and financial buyers will continue to undercut sale prices via access to...
- Chemical Mergers and Acquisitions. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/20/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 13, pFR3
Focuses on the mergers and acquisition activities in the chemical industry. Total value of the deals in the sector; Reorganization activities in the U.S.; Citation of assets for sale in the sector. INSET: Blackstone Aiming for Nalco IPO in 2 to 3 Years.
- Inventory of Assets for Sales Surges as M&A Market Slows. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/16/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the inventory of assets for sale in the chemical industry in the United States. Decline in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market; Corporate assets targeted for sale as companies embark on another round of portfolio restructuring; Decrease in M&A transaction valuations.
- No room for dead heads. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;10/31/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 15, p18
Focuses on the performance of the fine chemicals sector. Growth of the fine chemicals companies; Reorganization of Clariant, Rhodia and Degussa; Overcapacity in the industry. INSET: SOLD.
- Private Investors Shift Focus to Continent. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/9/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the shift of private investors' focus in the chemical industry in Europe. Potential of raising share of takeovers; Result of continued consolidation and restructuring of global chemical companies; Benefits gained by private investors from the lack of financial resources among trade...