Employment increases as US economy stutters
- Forecast Disagreement in the Survey of Professional Forecasters. SILL, KEITH // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2014 2nd Quarter, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p15
The article provides information about the Survey of Professional Forecasters (SPF), an important resource for assessing the predictions and performance of professional forecasters in the U.S. conducted by the Philadelphia Federal Research Department's Real-Time Data Research Center, the SPF is...
- Downright ugly jobs report. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/14/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p9
The article discusses the downtrend in employment in the U.S. as an indication of the onset of a recession. It cites a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics that showed the biggest monthly decline in employment when it was reduced by 80,000 in March 2008. It further reports that the...
- Notes. // OECD Economic Surveys: Sweden;Feb2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 6, p168
Presents notes to the 2000 economic survey of Sweden conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Employment levels; Interest rate fluctuations; Price stability.
- QUARTERLY OUTLOOK. Schunk, Donald L. // Business & Economic Review;Apr-Jun2005, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p24
Presents a quarterly outlook on the economic conditions in South Carolina. Economic growth of South Carolina and national economies; Estimate of real gross domestic product for the fourth quarter of 2004; Job growth; Forecast continuation of short-term interest rates by the Federal Reserve.
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Iraq Country Review;2001/2002, p28
Presents charts showing macroeconomic activity in Iraq from 1996 to 2000. Real gross domestic product per capita; Employment by sector of origin; Money supply, interest rates and foreign exchange reserves; Prices and exchange rates; Employment and wages.
- U.S. Industrial Activity. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Manufacturing & Mining;2004 2nd Quarter, p17
No abstract available.
- Have You Noticed? Krikorian, Robert V. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/85, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p299
Presents a speech by Robert V. Krikorian, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Rexnord, delivered in the Rotary Club of New York, New York City, New York, on December 1, 1984. Discusses how there is a national resurgence in the economy; Fall in interest rates and inflation; Problems in the...
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Poland Country Review;2001/2002, p36
Presents charts showing the macroeconomic activity in Poland from 1996 to 2000. Real gross domestic product per capita; Employment by sector of origin; Money supply, interest rates and foreign exchange reserves; External debt position; Prices and exchange rates.
- Evansville. Blalock, M. Gale // Indiana Business Review;Winter2004, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p12
Provides information on the index of economic activity in Evansville, Indiana as of December 2004. Decline of trade and electricity sold to industrial users; Rate of metropolitan area employment in wholesale and retail trade; Effect of high interest rates on the financial services industry.