US firms unready for terrorist attack
- Terror threat: half are well prepared. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p10
The article presents the result of a survey among chemical industry officials in the U.S. regarding their preparation against terrorism, conducted by the National Emergency Response & Training Center at Texas A&M University. A statement from Harrison Lobdell, director of the center, about the...
- Survey Results from the Chemical Industry. Mahaffey, Clayton R. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on a survey conducted to evaluate the financial positions of chemical industry in the United States. Comparison of valuation of chemical industry; Overview of results of investor relations.
- The New ID of a Reborn Plan. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p24
Focuses on the changes in the Responsible Car initiative for improving the U.S. chemical industry's performance and reputation in environmental impact, health, safety and security against terrorism. Expected benefits of the changes in the Responsible Care of the Associated Chemical Companies...
- Cracking the Code on Security Issues. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p30
Reports on the implementation of the antiterrorism security code for the Responsible Care program of Association Chemical Companies. Deadline for the implementation; Criteria for the reviews of the vulnerability of the chemical plants; Factors to be considered in vulnerability issues.
- Getting a Jump on Hometown Security. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p50
Reports on the community advisory panels (CAP) in Woodbridge, New Jersey to deal with the chemical plant of Akzo Nobel in the area. Role of the CAP in sensitizing the community to the risks and promoting vigilance to prevent terrorist attacks; Importance of citizen participation in the effort;...
- PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF CHEMICALS IMPROVES. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, Special Section p22
The article reports on an industrial survey conducted by the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC) in 2013 which reveals that the public recognized the significant contribution of the chemical industry to the development of everyday products and improvement of quality of life.
- REGIONAL SURVEY. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/19/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 14, p11
The article present the results of an industrial survey conducted on the growth prospects of the chemical industry in North Africa. Undertaken by the global consultancy firm Accenture, this regional survey predicts that North Africa could imitate the growth of its petrochemical industry similar...
- N. American pipe, profile & tubing survey. // Plastics News;12/27/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p39
This article presents the results of an industrial survey regarding the sales of North American pipe and tube industry.
- Accounting Survey. // LP/Gas;Dec2003, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p4
Presents a result of the survey conducted during the 2003 Annual Propane Marketing and Operations Forum held on September in the U.S. Preparation for an annual budget forecast; Comparison of the budget forecast to the actual performance; Usage of accounting information in the management of...