Unions move to save jobs
- Strengthening links to the East. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p29
Reports on the implications of Dow Chemical's acquisition of a former petrochemical complex in eastern Germany on industries in central and eastern Europe. Importance of the plants at Bohlen, Schkopau and Leuna which make up the BSL Olefinverbund; Dow's plan to strengthen BSL's eastward ties.
- Dow gets stake in petchems. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p13
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s purchase of Argentine state's petrochemical holdings. Include Petroquimica Bahia Blanca, Polisur and Indupa.
- Dow Chemical Outlines Strategy For Petrochemical Growth in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p13
Outlines the strategy of Dow Chemical for success in China's growing petrochemical industry. China's ethylene capacity and production from 1990 to 1998; Information on Dow's manufacturing strategy; Remarks from Michael C.Y. Lung, president of Dow Chemical Ltd. in China, on how to ensure success...
- PETROCHEMICALS: MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p12
Presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry as of April 24, 2000. Prices of various chemicals; Move of Dow Chemical Company to raise its off-list prices for antifreeze-grade ethylene glycol.
- Untitled. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p23
The article presents information on several petrochemical projects under construction in the Middle East. It is mentioned that there are many ethylene units in Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which are doing well, and giant ethylene plants in Saudi Arabia are performing much...
- Recovery slow for chlor-alkali market. Guzman, Doris De // ICIS Chemical Business;9/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 7, p29
The article focuses on the slow recovery in the chlor-alkali industry. While the demand from the export market has been increasing, but the U.S. market is still disturbed by the recession. China continues its capacity buildup even in the midst of recession. In July, 2010 Dow Chemical Co....
- Oil sands must succeed. Burns, Stephen // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p63
The article reports on the statement issued by Rob McNeil, Dow Chemical's commercial manager for feedstocks in Canada, that the declining supply of natural gas means the petrochemical industry in Alberta must succeed in obtaining new feedstock sources from oil sands projects. It cites that an...
- Canada develops east and west. Morris, Gergory DL // Chemical Week;3/26/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p56
Announces the increase of investment in petrochemicals and specialty chemicals in Canada. Main factors for the increase of investments; Chemical sectors which were grouped in the East and West region of Canada; Effect of the natural gas discoveries in the Atlantic; Impact of Hoechst's...
- Friendly skies. Watson, Paul // BRW;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p14
Reports that Dow Chemicals of the United States is an early favorite to win the right to build a petrochemical plant in Western Australia. How they have been waiting for gas prices to fall on the West Coast; Dow's contact with State Government officials.