DME to set up oil futures contracts
- Got volatility? Use OTC markets as a guide to arbitrage. WILLIAMS, JASON S. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;
The article reports the use of over-the-counter markets as a trading strategy in volatile conditions. Topics discussed include how to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities, the sulfur and gravity contents of crude oil, and the crisis in the global markets. Also provided is an outlook on the...
- WHY THE LAW HATES SPECULATORS: REGULATION AND PRIVATE ORDERING IN THE MARKET FOR OTC DERIVATIVES. Stout, Lynn A. // Duke Law Journal;Feb1999, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p701
A wide variety of statutory and common law doctrines in American law evidence hostility towards speculation. Conventional economic theory, however, generally views speculation as an efficient form of trading that shifts risk to those who can bear it most easily and improves the accuracy of...
- Exchanges bring out heavy artillery. Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug97, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p80
Discusses the effects of `over the counter' (OTC) markets on futures exchanges. Launching of an OTC-like index flexible exchange; Competition posed to futures exchanges by exchange-for-physicals (EEP) markets; Reaction of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) on EEP; Uses of electronic trading...
- Did Enron write its own rules? Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p78
Investigates the bureaucratic changes in over-the-counter (OTC) energy markets in the U.S. Exemption of OTC energy contracts from anti-fraud regulations; Attempts to legalize the non-regulated energy futures; Adoption of options contracts traded on electronic trading platforms. INSET:...
- New Evidence on the Financialization of Commodity Markets. Henderson, Brian J.; Pearson, Neil D.; LiWang // Review of Financial Studies;May2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1285
This paper uses a novel dataset of commodity-linked notes (CLNs) to examine the impact of the flows of financial investors on commodity futures prices. Investor flows into and out of CLNs are passed to and withdrawn from the futures markets via issuers' trades to hedge their CLN liabilities. The...
- OTC futures contract is set. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p10
Reports that the launch of the over-the-counter futures contract for ethylene is set for February 25, 2005. Purpose of the daily ethylene index; Response of the ethylene industry to the future contract; Amount lost by China Aviation Oil as a result of speculative trading.
- Futures face OTC and end of trading floor. Miller, Merton H. // Pensions & Investments;8/19/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the issue of how derivative shares are likely to be divided between its two main claimants, the futures exchanges and the over-the-counter swaps dealers. Rate of average annual productivity growth of futures exchanges; Eventual disappearance of the trading floor.
- ASX lowers fees for interest rate futures clearing. Osborne, Simon // AiCIO News;2014, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to implement a reduced fee schedule for interest rate futures and over-the-counter (OTC) clearing on October 1, 2014.
- MARKET WEEK. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p52
Presents information on stocks in Indianapolis, Indiana, as of August 19, 2002. Over-the-counter stocks; Stock indexes.