Polymer users face margin squeeze
- What about the Baghdad bounce? Strube, Jurgen // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p5
Comments on the economy of Baghdad after the U.S.-led war against Iraq. Indication of the market uncertainty caused by tensions between Iraq and the US; Implication of the signs of price decreases in the polymer chain; Status of margins at many intermediates and petrochemical derivatives.
- European refiners look to increase production on higher margins. // Chemical Business;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p85
The article reports on the plan of petroleum refiners in Europe to increase production in July 2013 because gains in product premiums have recently outpaced crude prices. Margins have edged up due to higher prices for diesel, gasoil and gasoline, especially in the Mediterranean region which was...
- Tight arbitrage slows US spot epoxy resins market. DIETRICH, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;3/4/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on low volumes of epoxy resins import in the U.S. due to low overseas production level and tight arbitrage window. It says that according to traders they are selling imported epoxy resins for only $1.45 per pound for acceptable margins' security. It states that the import...
- TotalFinaElf: welcome shift towards upstream. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p115
Reports on the plan of French oil company TotalFinaElf to increase production. Full year profit; Consideration of marketing margins; Involvement in several deals.
- Decidir desde el marginal. Cervera Ruiz, Pedro // Estrategia Financiera;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 300, p76
No abstract available.
- Assessing the Benefits of Different Stock-Allocation Policies for a Make-to-Stock Production System. // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Spring2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p105
We consider a manufacturing facility that produces a single item that is demanded by several different classes of customers. The inventory-related cost performance of such a system can be improved by effective allocation of production and inventories. We obtain the optimal parameters for...
- The impact of time-varying demand and production rates on determining inventory policy. Chen, Patrick S. // Mathematical Methods of Operations Research;2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p395
This paper addresses the issues of the optimal replenishment schedule for the inventory system of deteriorating items with time-varying demand and time-varying production rates. We point out the importance of the relationship between the replenishment rate and demand rate in the proof procedure....
- Tegal Continues to Narrow Losses. // Electronic News;8/11/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 32, pN.PAG
Reports on the losses posted by deposition tool vendor Tegal Corp. for June 2003. Improvements in gross margins; Decline in inventories.
- Margin Contraction Expected in the Second Quarter. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 14, p55
The article considers the possible decline of polymer margins in the second quarter of 2006. According to analysts, polymer margins are expected to slide in the second quarter as polymer prices fall in the midst of steady feedstock prices. Polyethylene prices have fallen for the fifth straight...