Bayer to invest $1.8bn in China plastics facilities
- New PU plant in Caojing. // Urethanes Technology;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on an investment initiative of Bayer AG for its coating materials plant in Shanghai, China. Details of the construction of the plant; Information on Bayer Coatings Systems Shanghai Co. Ltd.; Increase in the global demand for raw materials used in high-performance polyurethane coatings.
- WOOD, WATER, UV. Wrede, Kirsten // European Coatings Journal;2016, Issue 9, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics including Water-borne UV as a good material for wood coating applications and water-based UV PUD finishes enhancers for resistance properties.
- Bayer boosts PC resin capacity. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/23/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p17
The article reports that Bayer AG will add 130 million pounds of polycarbonate resin capacity and almost 90 million pounds of PC compounding capacity by the end of the year. The Makrolon-brand PC expansions will be spread out among Bayer sites in the U.S., Belgium, Germany and Thailand. By the...
- Bayer spinoff Covestro prepares for new world. Esposito, Frank // Rubber & Plastics News;11/2/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p0006
The article features Covestro A.G., which came into existence on September 1, 2015, when Bayer A.G. spun off its Bayer MaterialScience unit into a separate company. Topics discussed include the statement of chief executive officer (CEO) Patrick Thomas with regard to the company's focus on...
- BAYER PLANS â‚¬100 MILLION INVESTMENT IN BRAZIL. Dempsey, Ross // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the plan of Bayer AG to invest â‚¬100 million at its sites in Brazil by the end of 2009. Out of the total investment, â‚¬40 million will be spent on modernization and technical upgrading of the production facilities for plastics precursors and crop-protection...
- Bayer Corp. develops low-temperature PC. // Plastics News;9/16/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p53
Introduces Makrolon polycarbonate from Bayer AG.
- Polycarbonate growth. // Chemical Week;7/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 29, p48
Reports on the forecast of Bayer AG on the expected growth of global polycarbonate demand by the year 2000.
- Powder coatings start-up. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on a powder coatings business unit established by Bayer AG in the U.S. in relation to its acquisition of Ruco Polymers. Brief information on the company; Aim of the business unit; Significance of the acquisition.
- Bayer Finishes Ruco Integration, Starts Powder Coatings in the US. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;4/2/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 14, p5
Focuses on the launch of a major initiative of Bayer Corp. in the powder coatings market, which includes the company's establishment of a global powder coating business group. Significance of the company's acquisition of Ruco; Implication of the creation of the global powders coating group;...